Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First RTM Candidate?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:44 AM

Windows 10 is currently in testing at the moment the latest build is (Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10162) currently no significant bugs are found at the moment, however there has been an announcement from Microsoft that the build 10176 is likely to be a completed operating system if it releases to manufacturers this week.

Those who are ready to update on the 29th of July will have to go through Windows Update on either 8 or 7. If nothing works on that day or does not show in the updates here's why:

1. You do not have the latest service pack installed.

2. You are running a non-genuine copy of Windows and or pirated and torrented versions of the Operating System.

3. If you are on XP or Vista well you're out of luck.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

If you have the KB3035583 installed and reserved your Windows 10 copy, it'll be downloaded throught GWX.exe and you'll be notified once the download is complete. Also, Microsoft already stated many times that if you're running an illegal copy of Windows, or a non-genuine one, you can still upgrade, but your copy of Windows 10 will remain non-genuine, so I doubt this will prevent anyone from upgrading.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,798 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

CodeSmasha:

My understanding is that most folks will not get their Windows 10 upgrade on July 29th, even though they have successfully reserved their copy.  From what I have read here, it will be a "throttled" release. From the sounds of things, some users may have to wait a month or more to get their Windows 10. So people should not panic on July 29th if they don't get their Windows 10 upgrade. Their computers are probably just fine. They will just have to wait their turn to upgrade automatically via Windows update.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

People who are part of the Windows Insider program and have reserved their copy with the KB3035583 will most likely be the first ones to get it. And Microsoft intend to roll out Windows 10 progressively, otherwise the download servers won't be able to handle that task.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:32 AM

I agree garioch7 in fact it will roll out in waves says Microsoft. And even though I like to test it out like I am now there is no way i'd move to it until I see a bit more improvement on it. And that I only provide good feedback on the OS (No Negative Feedback) since MS is being a bunch of Microsofties at the moment. By the way W7 stole my heart the first time I used it. Maybe 10 will too, but at the moment i'll stick with 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users