Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba L750 sound problem - speakers keep cutting out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eaglebay

eaglebay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

Issue:

When any streaming video is played the sound on the Laptop Speakers stops after a few seconds, the length of time varies. The video image is still playing, only the sound stops. This happens on both Youtube (using HTML5) and Netflix (using Silverlight). 

The speaker volume is still on, and Youtube and Netflix do not show as muted. The Sound Mixer shows activity for the audio stream but no sound is coming from the speakers. If I plug in the headphones there is sound. When I unplug the headphones there is sound again from the laptop speakers but after a few seconds the sound from the laptop speakers quits again. Each time if I plugin then unplug the headphones the laptop speakers seem to wakeup and the sound starts again for a few seconds then quits again. Also, if I Pause the video and press Play again the sound also restarts on the Laptop Speakers (this happend in both Youtube and Netflix).

It is happening in all of the internet browsers I use. The following is the information on the laptop and programs.

Firefox 37.0.2

Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135

Internet Exployer Version 11.0.9600.17728

Toshiba Sattelite L750 Laptop, Windows 7

Laptop Speakers = Conexant Smartaudio HD, driver = 8.51.1.0

Microsoft Silverlight (64-bit) Version: 5.1.30514.0

Flash Player Version 17.0.0.169

I have run the Flash Uninstaller and reintalled Flash Player but the same thing happens.

I have also tried running Firefox in Safemode and the same thing happens

I have also reloade the drivers for the Conexant Smartaudio HD

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,850 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,767 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:32 PM

It is common on laptops for the head phone jack to cause your issue.  It could be dirty or the tang that breaks the speaker circuit can be bent.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users