Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Parity

Parity

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

Lately about the past month now my computer has been randomly freezing more so when I am away from my computer for a while and it goes in hibernation mode or sleep/screen saver mode. 

One day I could be sleeping - when I wake up my computer is frozen. Another day my computer could be on in the morning working fine, I go to work for 11 hours come back home go on my computer and it's frozen. 

I've also noticed my computer has been a little on the spike laggy side when playing LoL(League of Legends) - that's more of an issue on the server's side I believe. 

I just need the steps in order to fix the issue - thanks for any info. 

My event viewer file..

Attached Files

Edited by Parity, 06 July 2015 - 07:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:40 AM

Nothing really remarkable in the Admin log file.

Please provide this information (even though you're not experiencing BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

Nothing really remarkable in the Admin log file.

Please provide this information (even though you're not experiencing BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

There's the file that I ran and another attached file for the perfon one.. 

Attached Files

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version R2150V3) dates from 2011.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.

Only 285 Windows Updates installed.  Most systems have 300 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

You have 3 NIC's connected to your network.  Are you using some sort of bridging device/program?

[02]: Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
                                 Connection Name: Wireless Network Connection 3
                                 DHCP Enabled:    No
                                 IP address(es)
                                 [01]: 192.168.16.2

[03]: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
                                 Connection Name: Local Area Connection
                                 DHCP Enabled:    Yes
                                 DHCP Server:     192.168.1.1
                                 IP address(es)
                                 [01]: 192.168.1.122
                                 [02]:
                           [04]: Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 6150
                                 Connection Name: Wireless Network Connection
                                 DHCP Enabled:    No
                                 IP address(es)
                                 [01]: 192.168.1.50
                                 [02]:

Windows Error Reporting started up on 28 June 2015 - did you do something to the system on that day?

Have you been using a disk cleaning program (like CCleaner)?  If so, please stop while we are troubleshooting.

Beyond that, there just aren't any significant errors that are occurring.

I'd suggest disabling all but one network connection, then update the driver for that device.

Beyond that, I'd have to wonder about hardware issues.

Have you been monitoring the temps on the system?

If not, please use this free utility to monitor them:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

I have been using Ccleaner yes. I'm not sure what I did if anything that caused whatever error you're talking about on June 28th.

I disconnected the network connections I believe? Do I have do go anywhere specific for that? Like device manager?

Just got a new updated version of Sony Vaio's updates and I had a total of 4 (1 was performance update), which could be a fix for my issues. I will keep you posted.

Edited by Parity, 07 July 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#6 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

Laptop still freezing. Last night I had used my computer until about 10:05pm ish. Woke up in the morning the computer was frozen at 10:13pm as from last night. Screen saver issue? What is the problem?

#7 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

Computer did not freeze, left Ethernet cable out whole time I was away (about 1 whole day including a night time of sleep).

Direct ethernet cable from wireless router causing issues when I keep it plugged in.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

There can be many different causes for the freezing.  Narrowing it down to the ethernet cable was good troubleshooting.

Trying another cable will help to tell if it's the cable.

Otherwise, it's most likely to be a problem with a driver.

Plug the cable back in and let it freeze.

Then generate a new copy of the SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip and upload that.

Once that's done, leave the cable plugged in and run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

#9 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

Plugged Ethernet back in - froze overnight while I was sleeping in screensaver mode. 

Must be an issue with the driver, how can I go about repairing my driver or fixing the issue? 

Some details..

I'm using a modem which connects to a wireless router and I'm using a 50+ foot Ethernet cable that goes from the wireless router Ethernet port to go into my laptop. 

So in otherwords this is how my computer is hooked up.. 

KB3678-004_EN_v15.PNG

If cannot see image visit this link.. https://ssl-proxy-updated.herokuapp.com/6253eac0c87c35a491b1109108dfb0d9c4925af5/687474703a2f2f63616368652d7777772e6c696e6b7379732e636f6d2f737570706f72742f696d616765732f4b42333637382d3030345f454e5f7631352e504e47/

Additional details if needed: My wireless router seems to reconnect wireless without an Ethernet every time I restart my computer even after I disconnected the wireless connection and only use Ethernet connection. 

Picture of desktop connection warning indicator? 

Attached Files

Edited by Parity, 13 July 2015 - 06:23 AM.

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

Disable all wireless connections

Disable the wireless devices in Device Manager

then test to see if it freezes

Update the wired driver (it's a Realtek GBE (gigabit ethernet) device) from the Sony website.

If it's not able to update from there, then download an updated driver from the Realtek website ( http://www.realtek.com.tw ) - there's a download link near the top of the page.

#11 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

Problem has been fixed. Erased my whole computer. Reinstalled windows and all my drivers. Computer works like a charm now. Thank you for all the effort and work you've done for me. I tried to follow your steps and get the issue solved, but nothing worked and my computer was becoming unusable, which led me to uninstall my computer completely back and refreshed back to new again :)

Thanks again,

Parity

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:08 AM

Not a problem.  I'm glad that you got it fixed.

Thanks for letting us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users