Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Someone care to explain this?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 D070

D070

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

Alright, before i tell this let me be very clear, i have never been here on this forum or website for any reason what so ever.

That being said, here's what i don't get.

When i go to my chrome browser, i type in mail, and chrome fills in mail.google.com, nothing fancy about that.

But then for a brief split second i see random symbols and a url.

Have a look:

9p4xbiq.png

Now i have no idea why that is even showing or how that is even remotely connected to google at all,

Anyway i look for that link, see what it shows me.

tkf2DMA.png

Never seen this indiviual, so my qeustion is... what in gods name does this mean?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

Hi D070 :)

It could be due to cache corruption. Follow the instructions below then try again and see if it still occurs.

3DPGbxe.pngTemp File Cleaner (TFC)
  • Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC) and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on the executable and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator;
  • Simply click on Start to launch the clean-up and wait until it completes;
    s5yB2E8.png
  • Depending on which processes are running, all your programs will be closed and explorer.exe (your Windows shell) will be killed, it will however be relaunched shortly after so do not panic;
  • There's no log to give for this tool;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 D070

D070
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

Alright , don't take this personal, but how is that avartar in my cache if i have never been here before.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:04 PM

Oh sorry, I missed your first sentence. It's possible that a website you visited loaded content from BleepingComputer and it ended up in the cache.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 D070

D070
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

Oh sorry, I missed your first sentence. It's possible that a website you visited loaded content from BleepingComputer and it ended up in the cache.

Again, let me repeat myself. I have never been here prior to this thread to ask this qeustion. Period.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

It's possible that a website you visited loaded content from BleepingComputer and it ended up in the cache.

You don't have to actually visit BleepingComputer.com to load content from it. If you visit a website that calls content from this website (you wouldn't see it), it can end up in your cache.

unite_blue.png

#7 D070

D070
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

It's possible that a website you visited loaded content from BleepingComputer and it ended up in the cache.

You don't have to actually visit BleepingComputer.com to load content from it. If you visit a website that calls content from this website (you wouldn't see it), it can end up in your cache.

Hmm, alright seems to me at first glance very fishy, i don't trust anybody on the webs by default. And i am very paranoid if it comes to this kind of stuff.

So don't take it personal, but all alarms wend off seeying that stuff, i imagine you might do the same if you cannot explain it , right ?

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:19 PM

Well, as a technical support, I know what I can explain and what I can't. And when I cannot explain something, I turn to someone who can in order to understand. And I guess this is what you just did by asking on BleepingComputer what was happening.

unite_blue.png

#9 D070

D070
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

Well, as a technical support, I know what I can explain and what I can't. And when I cannot explain something, I turn to someone who can in order to understand. And I guess this is what you just did by asking on BleepingComputer what was happening.

Alright , mysterty solved i suppose. Still tho, im not fully convinced yet. But this will do. Thanks for your time.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

If I can sum it up: everytime you visit a website, you load content in the background that will stay in what we call a "cache". Like pictures, videos, graphics, etc. This is meant so when you visit the website again, you don't have to load all these items again from the server, they'll be on your system so the web browser can just grab it from there. It's meant to speed up the browsing experience and loading time of webpages/websites you already visited. It's possible sometimes for the web cache to become corrupted: elements that aren't supposed to be on a page are loaded, some pages cannot load anymore or load slowly, etc. In that case, deleting the content of the web cache and letting it reload solve these kind of issues.

And no problem, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

<snip> i don't trust anybody on the webs by default. And i am very paranoid if it comes to this kind of stuff.
So don't take it personal, but all alarms wend off seeying that stuff, i imagine you might do the same if you cannot explain it , right ?

With what you just said. There is no possible explanation we can offer that you won't question or distrust.

Why even come here and ask, then debate the replies? Sounds like an effort in futility.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users