Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PS3 and component cable

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hi.

I want to record my PS3 gameplay so bought a game capture device to do so. That requires a component cable for PS3 rather than HDMI.

So I finally got it set up with the component cable and it's only displaying at 576i and it's not full screen.

It is connected to the TV by HDMI cable from the capture device and only displays under the HDMI source on the TV.

I tried clicking upscale on the PS3 game settings menu but it doesn't seem to do anything.

TV aspect is 16:9 which I'm sure is what it's always on.

How do I get it to full HD resolution?

Thanks.

Edited by sn0zb0z, 06 July 2015 - 10:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eyovayeyo

eyovayeyo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:58 AM

Set the best resolution your TV and para enjoy the best quality images .

The PS3 system can display two types of resolution : High Definition ( HD) and standard definition ( SD ) . Consult the manual of your TV instruction see para v compatible video mode .

Video mode HD * / Aspect Ratio:
1080p / 16 : 9
1080i / 16 : 9
720/16 : 9

Video Mode Standard Definition / Aspect Ratio:
576p / 16: 9 , 4: 3
** 576i / 16: 9 , 4: 3

* This number indicates the number of scan lines . Note that ' i ' stands for ' interlaced ' and ' progressive ' 'p ' stands . Use progressive mode results in HD quality with flashing Minimum.
** The video output settings of the system will display as [Standard (PAL ) ]

That's what I did for one game teamseoblasteo uno

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

I am not certain the PS3 can do more than SD over component. Not all TV's support 720p - 1080p via component. Also, the PS3 may not let you do more than 576p because it is technically a DVD/BluRay player. Part of the design, unfortunately.

#4 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the replies. Totally forgot I asked this, but eventually found the answer on the Playstation site and found the settings on the PS3 to change it.

My TV manual is useless anyway, but it certainly doesn't have anything regarding the PS settings and it's set up for HD already.

#5 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:19 AM

I am not certain the PS3 can do more than SD over component. Not all TV's support 720p - 1080p via component. Also, the PS3 may not let you do more than 576p because it is technically a DVD/BluRay player. Part of the design, unfortunately.

It does do full HD through component. I knew that wasn't the problem.

I was playing it through HDMI previously so no issues with TV supporting HD.

Um, blu-rays play HD content. That's the reason people have them over DVDs, they play in HD quality. Obviously the PS3 supports HD anyway otherwise why bother with the HDMI port, they'd have kept the connection the same as the PS2.

#6 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:21 AM

It does do full HD through component. I knew that wasn't the problem.

I was playing it through HDMI previously so no issues with TV supporting HD.

Um, blu-rays play HD content. That's the reason people have them over DVDs, they play in HD quality. Obviously the PS3 supports HD anyway otherwise why bother with the HDMI port, they'd have kept the connection the same as the PS2.

The TV can play HD content via an HDMI port, of course, but not always over component cables. Component is an analog signal and processing that up to 1080p may be too expensive for manufacturers, since customers can just use the HDMI or VGA ports. I have owned TV's that refuse to process anything but SD over component.

The PS3 can play HD over anything, but there is no guarantee the TV will. Sony needs to keep the options open for the PS3 so consumers are not screwed because their TV is "incompatible".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users