Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook for Mac (where to download)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lily123

Lily123

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:58 AM

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone could please advise me.  I'm VERY new to Mac.  I am using a MacBook Pro at work and i've been asked to set up a store email on Outlook.  I have been sent the email address, password and mail server / hostname, but Outlook is not installed on the Mac.  Please could someone advise where I can download this and get the mail up and running.  Many thanks :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

Outlook comes with Office 365.

#3 Lily123

Lily123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:42 AM

Hi, thank you for responding.  The office package on the MacBook Pro i'm using has Microsoft Entourage as the email application and also Macbook mail.  Is there any way of downloading Outlook for free (e.g. an older version)?  or could I set up the email account to Macbook mail?  thanks

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:58 AM

Hi, thank you for responding.  The office package on the MacBook Pro i'm using has Microsoft Entourage as the email application and also Macbook mail.  Is there any way of downloading Outlook for free (e.g. an older version)?  or could I set up the email account to Macbook mail?  thanks

Outlook only comes with Office for the Mac. It is not available for free (legally at least). You can either purchase Office as a "stand alone" license or as part of an Office 365 subscription.

OTOH, you should be able to set up the email account on any email client, including the Mac OS built-in email client Apple Mail or Entourage.

Edited by smax013, 06 July 2015 - 06:01 AM.

#5 Lily123

Lily123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

Thank you.  I just set it up in Entourage!  I thought it MUST be in outlook, so thank you for telling me I can use any email client :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users