Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i was logged out of facebook, can't get back without d/l F-secure

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mags67

Mags67

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:16 AM

hi all

new member here, wondering if anybody can help

i was using facebook then i got logged out and message box insisting i download and install F-secure.  after running scans using Avast i determined there was no malware on computer but facebook refuses to let me sign back in.

i have attempted to d/l and install the F-secure prog but on installation the timer just spins .. i let it go for 20 mins last nite before swearing at it and closing it down.

Malwarebytes can't find malware, i read other post on this site and followed advice.. kasper tdkiller (?) couldn't find anything but facebook still saying i have malware!!

will try to attach a copy of the message i'm getting 

Your Computer Needs to Be Cleaned
1U2ftI0b2hV.png   It looks like your computer is being affected by malware. We’ll help you fix the problem to keep your account secure and prevent malware from spreading to friends.     Malware is software that tries to steal personal information and causes problems when you use Facebook. Clicking or sharing links that contain spam can give your computer malware.

hope i made sense and any help will be much appreciated

thanks

Mags

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:32 AM

Hi,
Can you access your fb account on any other device/network?
If so, you may need to change your password then....
In which browser do you see this quoted text?
Can you please gather a screen shot of the message and attach it (by clicking 'more reply options under your reply box) or upload it to any pic sharing site and add a link to it in reply ?
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

This phenomenon is rather common recently since Facebook decided to team up with several large antivirus vendors to solve the problem of malware running rampart on Facebook.

They should offer several scanners (Kaspersky and ESET among others), so download one and run scans on all machines that you have used your Facebook on (not just your main computer) and Facebook will let you back in.

#4 Mags67

Mags67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

hi 

ty u both for ur replies will try advice re: change pass and scan all devices

i can log into fb on tablet and fone .. still not on computer

i use google chrome on all 3 devices

will try to append screenshot when i've figured that one out lol 

ty for the help so far 

Mags

#5 Mags67

Mags67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:14 AM

https://www.flickr.com/gp/133812101@N06/zai033

that should show the screenshot 

thanx

#6 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

If you still need help, you can refer to this topic. The OP has exactly the same problem as you do.

#7 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

May be FB is trying some cheap advertisements...

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#8 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

With the state of people getting infected by malware that spreads via Facebook recently, I'd say it is noble of Facebook to finally stand up and do something.

#9 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

Oneway, thats also correct. They could've included *all* major vendors, so users don't need to doubt their AV suite. :)

#10 zanner

zanner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:51 PM

I've just had this problem, getting the message saying my computer may be infected, even though I have an antivirus program.  So I click on the thing to download the program that will get rid of the malware that's messing up my computer.  All I get is the EULA agreement page .... no download and I don't know what to do.  

I can access Facebook on my mobile phone and probably my tablet ... but I'd like to be able to use the main computer for Facebook.  Can anyone help??  

#11 Metalmachine

Metalmachine

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:43 PM

I can tell you right now Mags67 that something is fishy. I try to log into my account and get that same message "you computer needs to be cleaned" yet my friend can get on my computer and log into his account just fine, so can my girlfriend. I can get into my account via phone and tablet just fine but not on my computer. So I don't think it's really a computer issue or my friend or my girlfriend would not have been able to log on from my computer either.  I have tried every method from every online forum about how to get rid of this and nothing has worked. I have malwarebytes, spyhunter, hitman pro, eset online scanner, avast, kaspersky, you name it, I have it. I have used them all an NOTHING gets rid of that stupid Facebook message. My computer is spotless of any type of malware, spyware or viruses though. I don't even know what to do because FB has NO customer service of any kind to contact about this. Please let me know if you figure it out because this is driving me crazy and a lot of other people too i'm sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users