Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel G2030T from an AIO into a desktop?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:17 AM

My mom gave my brother an all in one pc under the guise that I could make it work. It was a model that is KNOWN to have monitor issues, and outside of warranty. She's got such a big history of buying products with known defects, so it's not like its the first time.
Okay, so I take the motherfFLOOPer apart and look at the lcd panel. Can't find sheize that resembles a monitor number, so I google every lil thing I can, and find an LCD panel that should theoretically fit, would cost 150-200 BEFORE shipping. Unless my brother was paying for it, not happening.

My question here in, is what I could possibly do with the parts. I don't think I could fit the motherboard to fit into a mini-atx/itx case, being that there is absolutely no external video connector. But as I lay my drunken head down to sleep, I went from dead tired to wide awake thinking, OH WAIT, THE PROCESSOR IS A THING. Now, assuming the thing isnt soldered into the board, (I know, should have checked when I tore it apart, Im sorry) is it at all possible to take said processor and slap it into another system, possibly one I could build for my father for his birthday? 

The CPU in question is a G2030T. Dual Core, Pentium, and it's all about the pentiums. LGA1155. Do any of you with more expertise and experience think it's doable?
I don't know, it's probably not even worth doing, but even if he don't want or need it maybe I could sell it and double my money. I don't know, it's the first time I've been drunk, but I feel kinda genius right now so I'm rolling with it.

Any and all help is useful, and much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PeterMayson

PeterMayson

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

Sure you can use this CPU with another MB that has the same socket and supports this CPU if it doesn't soldered into MB (I don't think so).

So you have to decide what do you want. You could sell the CPU (maybe even with MB, someone could be interested) and or buy a MB and build a media center based on this system.

All depends on you

Just make sure all the components aren't fail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users