Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The graphics for the shortcut utilities changed in my computer all of a sudden?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kuroku

kuroku

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum topic, so if it needs to be moved, please let me know, and I'm sorry.

Thing is, like a lot of laptops, my laptop has the shortcut keys for things like dimming display and muting audio and things such as that, and usually for things like turning off wireless, I'd see the transparent graphic like a green circle, or a circular pie graph going down or up, etc.

Well, today, the graphics seemed to have changed after I seemed to have allowed the akamai netsession client for adobe flash player go through the firewall?

Before that though, I have Kaspersky antivirus and the database needed updating, but it wanted a reboot before that, so I did, and then the akamai netsession client firewall block popped up after I clicked to update adobe flashplayer.

It changed, like I just see these blue windows as though it's an old computer or something... I tried looking it up, but I wasn't even sure what it was called and what to look for. I'm hoping that it was just a small driver problem and all I need to do is reinstall, but what do you guys think? I keep trying to screenshot it, but when pasted, it doesn't show the splashscreen, so I'll have to take a picture later.

My laptop model: Asus k55n

AMD A8 

AMD Radeon HD 7640G

If there's anything else, please let me know! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

Try changing the theme to "Windows 7" under Aero themes. Right click the desktop and do personalize.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users