Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

See IPad on network

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

My home network has 2 Windows7 machines and 1 IPad Air (wifes main machine).  Is there any way to actually 'see' the IPad from a Windows machine? 

If I look at the router, I can see IP addresses assigned to all devices, but if I look at the network map on my Win7 machine the IPad is totally invisible.  Sure would be nice to be able to share photos, etc between Win and IPad across the network,. 

Derfram
~~~~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:51 AM

you can use Itunes for Windows to do this. Install iTunes and connect the iPad device.

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the reply.  But no, I will not install Itunes on my Windows machine.  Did that once and darn near took a full reformat to get it all off.  There are still some related files scattered around my hard drive.   

Any settings on the IPad or Win7 machine that I might have misconfigured?  Any simple Windows util or iOS app? 

How do they use these things in a corporate environment if their file system can not be seen on the network?

Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:27 AM

If you use ICloud Drive you can simply upload the files to your ICloud account and download it from Windows PC. Sign in to your ICloud Account from Windows and choose ICloud drive. Documents are stored there can download to your windows PC.

Here some Tools you can try it:

Air Transfer

iBrowse

File Browser

You can install ICloud Drive to your Windows PC (no iTunes) to have direct Access in Windows. See here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201391

Edited by dante12, 08 July 2015 - 12:27 AM.

#5 DAVID SHELDON

DAVID SHELDON

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:40 AM

Install iTunes and connect the iPad device.

#6 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

Here some Tools you can try it:

Air Transfer

iBrowse