Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

best full/mid tower

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 brumby54

brumby54

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

What do you guys/ladies recommend as the best full/mid tower case for my build. MOBO- asus x99-deluxe lga2011-3. CPU- intel core i7 5820k, RAM- corsair vengence ddr4 288-pin  2800mhz 4x4gb, gpu/s-  2x saphire r9-  vapour 280x 3gb, AUDIO CARD- creative sound blaster z. PSU- .evga 120-g2-xr 80 gold 1300 watt .    Your help would be appreciated. i understand that my choice of parts for the build may not be to everyone's taste. Please if you have advice give it but don't post derogatory remarks.This is my first  build and people like me rely on those ''experienced'' people to help and advise. derogatory remarks do not solve problems. Your help is appreciated . thanks guys/ladies. :thumbup2:

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 05 July 2015 - 06:25 PM.
Moved from Internal hardware to System building

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:54 PM

AUDIO CARD- creative sound blaster z. 

I know this may be hard to believe, but on board audio has come a long way. There wouldn't be anything that card can do that the on board can't. 

Sound blaster-

• 192KHz sample rate
  • 5.1 channels
  • 24 bit digital audio
  • 116dB SNR

On board-

• 192KHz sample rate
  • 8 (7.1 + 2) channels
  • 24 bit digital audio
  • 112dB SNR

The on board chip it uses is the best one they make. On top of that they applied it really on that board with its own dedicated shielded section. Unless you plan to do audio/music recording, don't buy a sound card to go with that. Even if you do record your own music, that is not the card to use for that.

Compare the two yourself if you'd like.

Sound Blaster Z

ALC1150 (ASUS specific specs)

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#3 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:57 PM

What do you guys/ladies recommend as the best full/mid tower case for my build. MOBO- asus x99-deluxe lga2011-3. CPU- intel core i7 5820k, RAM- corsair vengence ddr4 288-pin  2800mhz 4x4gb, gpu/s-  2x saphire r9-  vapour 280x 3gb, AUDIO CARD- creative sound blaster z. PSU- .evga 120-g2-xr 80 gold 1300 watt .    Your help would be appreciated. i understand that my choice of parts for the build may not be to everyone's taste. Please if you have advice give it but don't post derogatory remarks.This is my first  build and people like me rely on those ''experienced'' people to help and advise. derogatory remarks do not solve problems. Your help is appreciated . thanks guys/ladies. :thumbup2:

1300watt PSU, while your setup is good enough for 850W what a waste of money spend on PSU where you're not going to use it all. As for case, i recommend Corsair Osibian 750D, it the best full tower plus it have more space for adding longer graphics card such as Gigabyte Windforce GPUs. 

#4 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:57 PM

What do you guys/ladies recommend as the best full/mid tower case for my build.

Cases really are a personal preference. Some people consider using a cardboard box to be the best case. There are a thousand cases all those parts would fit in, but there is no "best" case.

Edited by SEANIA, 05 July 2015 - 09:58 PM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#5 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:00 PM

What do you guys/ladies recommend as the best full/mid tower case for my build.

Cases really are a personal preference. Some people consider using a cardboard box to be the best case. There are a thousand cases all those parts would fit in, but there is no "best" case.

Actually, there is two best one for pre-made, which is Corsair Osibian 900D and Coolermaster Cosmo 2, but i do agree with you that everyone can make a better case compare to premade case. Also, @brumby64, choosing 1300watts will increase your electric bill, because 850Watts or 100watts is sufficient for your setup, you only use 1300watts if you are going to overclocked your CPU,GPU,epic water cooling system. More hardwares adding your system, more watts is will consume, but the most two hardwares that will consume a lot of watts from your PSU are CPU and GPU, other hardware are around 10 - 30watts. 

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 05 July 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#6 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:17 PM

and some people think the NZXT Phantom 410 is the best case that would fit all those parts. Really is a personal preference. Granted the Obsidian 900D is generally a favorite for how simple and clean it looks. Where as the Phantom 410 is liked for its flashy appearance and even has been used as a prop in the background of fake labs for movies/TV to make them seem high tech or futuristic. I personaly favor the  Cooler Master Silencio 652S.

100% support the 850watt thing.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 July 2015 - 10:52 PM.
deleted unnecessary quote

#7 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

Well.....everyone have different taste you know? The only thing i can say is watch youtube review and then decide on your own.  Asking other people will give you a headache because they will make tons of advantages and disadvantages. Also, Google is your friend so don't be shy to ask Google.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 July 2015 - 10:51 PM.
deleted unnecessary quote

#8 brumby54

brumby54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

gday , thanks for your replies so far . i also was having a look at the thermeltake supressor  F51 MID TOWER.the parts i listed i already have. the reason why i bought a larger PSU was that i am using 2x saphire r9 280x gpu's also i will be using the build for video/photo editing. keep your thoughts coming. also the gpu's are 310mm long. as i was trying not to remove the  drive bays . regards brumby54

#9 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:12 PM

gday , thanks for your replies so far . i also was having a look at the thermeltake supressor  F51 MID TOWER.the parts i listed i already have. the reason why i bought a larger PSU was that i am using 2x saphire r9 280x gpu's also i will be using the build for video/photo editing. keep your thoughts coming. also the gpu's are 310mm long. as i was trying not to remove the  drive bays . regards brumby54

Corsair Osibian 750D can fit 450mm GPU length, Here is the specification of my case i had, http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-750d-full-tower-atx-case.

Also, Your GPU will not using near 1300watts you just so paranoid, i built tons of gaming PC in the past that includes Intel and AMD built, none of them ever hit full 750Watts. My high end gaming rig with a single high end GPU only hit 340 - 400 watts consumption at maximum load, and yes it is maximum stress test my entire PC. A 750Watts PSU is sufficient for any single GPU out there in the market such as GTX 970, R9 280, R9 290x, and so on. However, if you are going with SLI or Crossfire, a 850watts or 1000watts PSU is sufficient. Just because you are video editing that doesn't mean that you should choose something that is 1300watts PSU or 1500watts PSU, i try to help you here and try to help you save money onto something that are more worth it. When you spend money on 1300watts PSU, your PC is barely enough to use between 500 - 600 watts any day applications, so you basically waste the other 700 watts just to increase your electric bill. Even if you are water cooling, a 850 watts PSU is what you need and no more unless you want to go BIG AND EPIC.

Don't trust me? You will be shock of how much money you spend on 1300watts PSU were you can save A LOT OF MONEY on 750 watts - 850 watts. Here is the video that you will be shock.

P:S: I highly suggest you to visit https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/. This website will help you to eliminate incompatible parts, total watts consume, total price build, multiple prices from multiple online stores, and users rating.

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 05 July 2015 - 11:22 PM.

#10 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

Also, Your GPU will not using near 1300watts you just so paranoid

I 2nd this.

Can't pull more then 700 watts with the parts you have. Listen to him. 

#11 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:13 AM

Also, Your GPU will not using near 1300watts you just so paranoid

I 2nd this.

Can't pull more then 700 watts with the parts you have. Listen to him. 

I had been built tons of gaming PC using 850 watts PSU from single GPU to SLI(Dual) or CrossFire(Dual) setup, it never have a problem. People just super paranoid over PSU, because they always think bigger PSU is better, and no it doesn't. You can also tell that my gaming PC setup in my profile is only consume around 350 - 425 watts, and i have 850 watts PSU that provide me plenty enough power for another graphics card and also the future. Computer hardware manufacturers these day does take power consumption seriously. That's why NVIDIA release the Maxwell architecture for their GTX 900 and GTX 750 series aka power efficiency GPU that consume less power from your PSU, while provide 1.7x performance over hungry previous Kepler. 

04_Power_Consumtion_Gaming.png

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 06 July 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#12 Buzzsaw

Buzzsaw

• Banned
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

Brumby,

Both cases that I am recommending are for NZXT. They make great cases.

For a mid-tower:

Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ Directron) 
Total: $47.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-06 03:26 EDT-0400

For a full-tower:

Case: NZXT Source 530 ATX Full Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $89.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-06 03:28 EDT-0400

Buzzsaw

You can find answers to your computer questions by doing an internet search. Go to www.google.com! Try it!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#13 brumby54

brumby54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:29 AM

http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

#14 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:44 AM

You use that link to calculate your computer total watts? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users