Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Insufficient space to do a factory reset

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Willemeana

Willemeana

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

I was trying to do a factory reset on my daughter computer. I did the Alt F10, it did the please wait this that took for ever, finally it seemed like the restore was working and then it said "insufficient space to complete the restore".  Can anyone help me with this?  Is it worth trying to fix?  Any help is appreciated...thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

Go to the Start menu and copy and paste  diskmgmt.msc, then press Enter.

When the Disk Manager opens take a screenshot of it and post it in your topic.

How to make a screenshot

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Willemeana

Willemeana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

I can't get in to windows.  It asks me for the windows cd, which I don't have so it was suggested to me to do a factory restore.  Any more suggestion...please! :-)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Instructions if needed:

With the computer shut down press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key and continue to do this till the Advanced Boot Options opens.  If the Advanced Boot Options don't open this option isn't going to work.

If you reach the Advanced Boot Options use the up or down key to move the pointer over Safe Mode, press Enter to select this option.

If you can boot into Safe Mode use the instructions in my last post to provide us with a screen shot of the Disk Management.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Willemeana

Willemeana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:40 AM

No can't get in to safe mode either...I can go to the F7 and check memory but I get a blank screen if I do anything else.  Alt F10 works but at the finally stage where it will show the progress of the restore it sticks on the screen and says please wait a moment....  Hours later it give me the message that there is insufficient space on my partition.  Would like to get it working for her but maybe it's caput!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users