Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction, More RAM?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fahen

fahen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:08 PM

Firt of all me introduce myslef, miy name is Frans Henriët and my nickname is fahen, I am what they say "in ruste", whath means I don't have to work anymore, I am finally retired on my 68th Birthday, I am native Dutch and I live in Bussum The Netherlands,

I have the Windows Premium 64Bits computer running and try to assembly the componenets and the parts to a new computer using the same housing, it's about time that the one I bild 6 years ago, this one is out of date. But now therte is more time inserte or assemble some new parts.

Question: can I put more RAM in the two slots on the motherbord, each slot has now 2 GB , here are the specs.
------------------
Time of this report: 7/5/2015, 02:51:21
       Machine name: FRANSHENRIET-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150525-0603)
           Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
       System Model: G41-M7
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
          Page File: 2252MB used, 5936MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Eventually this computer is for my 12 year old Grandson.

Any positieve critics or solutions are welcome, thank you very much, regards fahen.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 July 2015 - 11:14 PM.
moved from Introductions to Internal Hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:04 PM

The easy way to find out is to go to www.crucial.com - download the scanner and it will tell you exactly how much memory your motherboard will support. it will also tell you how much you have installed and what kind of memory to buy. Otherwise you can go to the Biostar website and look up the specs on your model as well. But Crucial.com is your best bet.- Paul

Edited by paul88ks, 04 July 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#3 fahen

fahen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

Thru this crucial scan I found out that the memory can be upgraded to 8GB.

Thank you very much for your good advice!

Regards fahen.

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

Glad to be of help- in the future,please post your issues with your computer in the correct forum after Introductions.This is a BC guideline and helps keep things on topic. if you are unsure where to post,ask a Moderator and they will be glad to assist you! Happy Computing! Paul 

#5 fahen

fahen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

Dear Paul,

Thank you for the assistence.

Kind regards Frans, The Netherlands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic