Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 600m Boot Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

So I bought a new motherboard for my Dell Inspiron 600m because the old one wouldn't detect the battery. Now that I have it I do notice that it can detect the battery but I have a much much bigger problem. When I turn it on all 3 of the lights (You know Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, etc.) will flicker all at once for about 5 seconds and then the computer shuts down... I can't get it to do anything more. The battery light is green when it is plugged in and I do know for a fact that the motherboard works perfectly. But I still can't figure out why it isn't working. All 3 Lights Flicker simultaneously very fast for about 5-10 seconds... If it is a POST code I couldn't find anything about it... Please advise

Update: I fixed the problem but I'm not sure how I did it... Any ideas???

-Benjamin

Edited by BenjaminsiPod, 04 July 2015 - 05:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:46 PM

BenjaminsiPod,

When you applied power for the first time your new motherboard had no idea what was connected to it, The first thing that the CMOS had to do was inventory everything. Once that was complete the computer was ready to run. The BIOS knows what to do but it needs the information on where to find the bits and pieces.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

Actually this happened again yesterday... All I had to do was pick it up and shake it (lol) and it worked again... I think it may be a loose connection to something but I don't know what the heck that might be...

#4 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:05 AM

All I can say to that is, if you're confident opening it up, check all connections, especially the battery/adapter jack ones.

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users