Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade my system, help.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Relia

Relia

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

Hi! 

My current rig is:

CPU: i5-3470

GPU:GTX 760 OC Twin fozr 2GB.

Mobo: MSI B75MA-P45

RAM:HyperX 1600mhz 8GB.

HDD: 250 SSD.

I play mainly CS:GO, Minecraft. But since the latest CS:GO Patch im getting hugh fps drops in MM and Deathmatch. I also wanna start stream gameplay etc and my CPU wont allow that, but at the sametime i wanna have smoother gameplay with a new GPU aswell, was thinking gtx 980 or 970. Would my current CPU work with a new GPU? (Also i think my Mobo is getting pretty rusty).

What part should i go with first? 

EDIT: When playing CSGO my CPU is at 90% on all cores while my GPU is around 50~%.

Regards.

Edited by Relia, 04 July 2015 - 01:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

The GPU would work with your CPU, but you need a 550W power supply for the 970, I don't know for the 980.

#3 Relia

Relia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

The GPU would work with your CPU, but you need a 550W power supply for the 970, I don't know for the 980.

Yeah i know got a 600W PSU, forgot to mention  When playing CSGO my CPU is at 90% on all cores while my GPU is around 50~%.

#4 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

. I also wanna start stream gameplay etc and my CPU wont allow that,

What? You are not making sense at all, you CPU can stream gameplay.

As for upgrading and performance drop, can you please answer some couple questions?

Do you have the latest NVIDIA driver?

Do you have the the latest motherboard drivers?

Do you have the latest motherboard bios?
Do you have the latest Windows Updates and Java update?

What is your CPU and GPU temperature? Your GPU temperature should be higher than your CPU when you playing intense games

Have you run 3DMark 11 and Unigine Heaven or Unigine Valley benchmark for your GPU?
Have you turn down settings to see if it work? GTX 760 can handle ultra settings on majority of game.

Your PSU is sufficient to run GTX 760, because minimum is 500 Watts. CS:GO and Minecraft is really old game and is not a demand graphics anymore, so your GTX 760 should run really well at ULTRA settings, even a 5 years old GTX 480 can handle the game well and even recording at the same time, and it's a 5 years old not a year old graphic card like you had. Here is your graphic card specification on NVIDIA site, http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760/specifications

I can recommend you visit to http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/

Tomsharsware community forum is a great source community forum for any hardware questions such as Upgrade, overclocked, or any questions related to computer hardware. Also, they do have A LOT OF OVERCLOCKED EXPERT over there, so they will happy to assist you.

As for your CPU, i have no idea what you are trying to say. Your CPU is sufficient to streams game, the only downside is video editing and editing due to lack of Hyperthreading. 

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 04 July 2015 - 05:36 PM.

#5 Relia

Relia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

As for upgrading and performance drop, can you please answer some couple questions?

What is your CPU and GPU temperature? Your GPU temperature should be higher than your CPU when you playing intense games

Have you run 3DMark 11 and Unigine Heaven or Unigine Valley benchmark for your GPU?
Have you turn down settings to see if it work? GTX 760 can handle ultra settings on majority of game.

Your PSU is sufficient to run GTX 760, because minimum is 500 Watts. CS:GO and Minecraft is really old game and is not a demand graphics anymore, so your GTX 760 should run really well at ULTRA settings, even a 5 years old GTX 480 can handle the game well and even recording at the same time, and it's a 5 years old not a year old graphic card like you had. Here is your graphic card specification on NVIDIA site, http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760/specifications

Tomsharsware community forum is a great source community forum for any hardware questions such as Upgrade, overclocked, or any questions related to computer hardware. Also, they do have A LOT OF OVERCLOCKED EXPERT over there, so they will happy to assist you.

As for your CPU, i have no idea what you are trying to say. Your CPU is sufficient to streams game, the only downside is video editing and editing due to lack of Hyperthreading. 

Ok, let's break it down for you.

ALL my drivers and BIOS etc are up-to-date as we speak.

My temps are just fine never gets over 70 celsius.

And no, i cant record/stream at the sametime as i play, i've tried OBS,Xsplit everything you name it, and it always start to suttering even on low graphic, i wanna stream on MIN 720p. i've tried EVERYTHING, followed all the guides i can find and still lags. BUT i drop 0 frames but it still lags. I even get a message in OBS sayin HIGH CPU Usage/ HIGH Encoding. but 0 frame drop. i tried everything, ALL on low as i can go to not look like crap on the stream. And yes, i have a good internet speed. i got 1GB down and 500 up. so it's not that. 

But anyway, i chose to go with a new mobo and cpu, due to CSGO and minecraft is using more CPU than GPU. and just recently i friend offered me another gtx 760 to SLI with :)

Thanks for the answers. 

#6 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

Ok, let's break it down for you.

ALL my drivers and BIOS etc are up-to-date as we speak.

My temps are just fine never gets over 70 celsius.

And no, i cant record/stream at the sametime as i play, i've tried OBS,Xsplit everything you name it, and it always start to suttering even on low graphic, i wanna stream on MIN 720p. i've tried EVERYTHING, followed all the guides i can find and still lags. BUT i drop 0 frames but it still lags. I even get a message in OBS sayin HIGH CPU Usage/ HIGH Encoding. but 0 frame drop. i tried everything, ALL on low as i can go to not look like crap on the stream. And yes, i have a good internet speed. i got 1GB down and 500 up. so it's not that. 

But anyway, i chose to go with a new mobo and cpu, due to CSGO and minecraft is using more CPU than GPU. and just recently i friend offered me another gtx 760 to SLI with :)

Thanks for the answers. 

You have a nice friend, i wish i have a friend like you have. If you want to build a new PC, i highly suggest https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/. This website will help you which part are incompatible, multiple prices from different online stores, watts consume, total cost, and how many users actually pick these items. 

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 04 July 2015 - 08:15 PM.

#7 Relia

Relia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

Sweet, thanks :) 

#8 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:32 PM

No problem my brother, i will see you in the BATTLEFIELD. 

#9 Buzzsaw

Buzzsaw

• Banned
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hi! 

My current rig is:

CPU: i5-3470

GPU:GTX 760 OC Twin fozr 2GB.

Mobo: MSI B75MA-P45

RAM:HyperX 1600mhz 8GB.

HDD: 250 SSD.

I play mainly CS:GO, Minecraft. But since the latest CS:GO Patch im getting hugh fps drops in MM and Deathmatch. I also wanna start stream gameplay etc and my CPU wont allow that, but at the sametime i wanna have smoother gameplay with a new GPU aswell, was thinking gtx 980 or 970. Would my current CPU work with a new GPU? (Also i think my Mobo is getting pretty rusty).

What part should i go with first? 

EDIT: When playing CSGO my CPU is at 90% on all cores while my GPU is around 50~%.

Regards.

First and foremost... what is your budget for upgrading?

Which country are you from? USA? 

Those are the 2 vital pieces of information that will help folks like me to give you the best advise as possible.

Buzzsaw

You can find answers to your computer questions by doing an internet search. Go to www.google.com! Try it!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users