Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE,Chrome, and Firefox Crashes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 iDon

iDon

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

hello guys, im having this problem, out of nowhere my internet, chrome and firefox crashes, when I try to acces internet explorer I get this following error, or redirect to this url on my browser

res://ieframe.dll/acr_depnx_error.htm#,res://ieframe.dll/acr_depnx_error.htm#google.com,https://www.google.com/

I cant access internet on any of my browsers because when I click on them, they close, any help would be appreciated. oh im running windows 8 64 bit

Edited by computerxpds, 09 July 2015 - 09:27 AM.
Moved to AII from Windows 8 and 8.1 forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:56 AM

Have you performed any antivirus/antimalware scans?

If infected, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 iDon

iDon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

Have you performed any antivirus/antimalware scans?
If infected, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

When I try to "Save all Events in Custom View as" , I choose desktop and saving it as Admin.evtx I get a pop up saying "The system cannot find the file specified. And yes I ran a antivirus scan and nothing

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:48 PM

What happens when you answer OK or Yes to the popup saying "The system cannot find the file specified."?

In most cases this will allow you to proceed.

If not, let us know the name of the file that it cannot find, and we'll see if we can find a fix for it.

Edited by usasma, 06 July 2015 - 04:50 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 iDon

iDon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

What happens when you answer OK or Yes to the popup saying "The system cannot find the file specified."?

In most cases this will allow you to proceed.

If not, let us know the name of the file that it cannot find, and we'll see if we can find a fix for it.

when i right click on "Save all Events in Custom View as" i get a pop up box saying Display information. To enable viewing this log correctly on other computers, you may need to include display information.

Then it has 2 options, one is chosen and it says No display information, and then the second one that says Display information for these languages: then it has under that English (United States) with the option to choose it. now i have tried both options and chose them and all i keep getting is another pop up box saying Event Viewer with the message The system cannot find the file specified. Then i click ok and goes back to the the Event Viewer. it wont save or anything as you specified. it wont let me continue.  also I did a MalwareBytes scan and nothing was found, but I do a Webroot scan which is my antivirus and I get this 2 files always showing up as malware or Trojans or whatnot.

c:\programdata\coherence\vxddmxels.exe

c:\users\idon\appdata\local\temp\gxwfoezxkvv.exe

Webroot asks me to delete it or quarantine it and I do and It also asks me to restart my laptio in order for the file deletion to be taken effect. I do that every time and the one file (c:\programdata\coherence\vxddmxels.exe) always shows up even though Webroot says restart computer to delete. so no matter how many times I restart the pc or delete it, it aways shows up. I go where the directory where that file is and nothing.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

i suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

malwarerun_zps9abd4ef1.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Delete All.

malwarenew_zps34b58fdc.png

5)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log in your topic.

================

Please run TDSSKiller.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long.  If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished you will see the results of the scan.  If it shows Detected object count: 0 and Actual detected object count: 0, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

tdss1_zps90132559.png

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

tdsskillermultiple_zps472c18eb.png

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

tdss4_zps6792a13c.png

4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.

***Do NOT select Delete!

Click on Continue.

tdss5_zps98fc5887.png

5.  Click on Reboot computer.

Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.

Note:  The log may be very long.  You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log.

================

Please download and install Emsisoft.

1. When Emsisoft opens click on Update.

emsisoft6_zpsace019ac.png

Edited by dc3, 09 July 2015 - 08:57 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 iDon

iDon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

malwarerun_zps9abd4ef1.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Delete All.

malwarenew_zps34b58fdc.png

5)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log in your topic.

================

Please run TDSSKiller.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long.  If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished you will see the results of the scan.  If it shows Detected object count: 0 and Actual detected object count: 0, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

tdss1_zps90132559.png

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

tdsskillermultiple_zps472c18eb.png

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

tdss4_zps6792a13c.png

4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.

***Do NOT select Delete!

Click on Continue.

tdss5_zps98fc5887.png

5.  Click on Reboot computer.

Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.

Note:  The log may be very long.  You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log.

================

Please download and install Emsisoft.

1. When Emsisoft opens click on Update.

emsisoft6_zpsace019ac.png

I tried copy and pasting and it freezes, it wont let me, can I just upload the text files?

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

You do not need to quote my posts.

If you can't copy and paste the logs in your topic, how are you going to upload these logs?

Edited by dc3, 11 July 2015 - 08:43 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 iDon

iDon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

Maybe it's easier ? Idk. I'm trying to get this resolved. And is quoting against a rule here?

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:56 AM

There is no forum rule pertaining to quoting.  It just isn't needed here since there is only the two of us posting at this time.

Try copying the logs in Safe Mode and then paste them in your topic.

How to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8 or 8.1

Open the Search charm and type in msconfig.

When System Configuration opens click or tap on the Boot tab.

Under Boot options click or tap on Safe boot, the click or tap on Apply, then OK.

The next time you start the computer it will boot into Safe Mode.

Please note.  You computer will continue to boot into Safe Mode when it is started until you go back to System Configuration and removed the check in Safe boot.

#12 iDon

iDon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

Ok I went into safe mode but I have no internet access. My audio and Internet are not working. Must be because I'm in safe mode. But I never had that problem. So how would I copy and paste the log when I don't have Internet access on safe mode

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:50 PM

If you are going to want to get online you need click/tap on Safe boot and Network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users