Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

jeebus the computer problems go on and on

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kiston

kiston

• Banned
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:50 AM

had a majorly infected computer (mine) for the passed 2 years (ever since I downloaded star wars kotr, or atleast I thot I was downloading it) ive tried nuuuuuumerous antivirus/ malware/spyware anything under the book so I believe.  when I did plenty of deep scans, I would get most of the viruses off but I could still feel it there and eventually if I scanned again in a week id have another 100. rescue cds, Linux scans, windows xp/ almost every AV out there (malwarebytes/roguekiller/hitman pro/ adawarecleaner tdsss killer. at one point my computer didn't have access to annnything, it was like the virus knew I was attacking it and it got more aggressive recently.

anyways, I tried my hardest with like 10 diff rescue disks, which I thot would save me since all the avs id run while windows was up wasn't doing any good. just recently I found out about recovery partitions being pre installed, (like 3 weeks ago I deleted all my Lenovo and ibm onekey stuff) and I thot OMFG A FACTORY RESET?! i figured itd be easier to just boot off the recovery partition since my Lenovo onekey kept saying "cannot find the service partition". (idk what my train of thought when trying to boot into a recovery partition was) but after using diskpart to make the recovery partition a primary active ntfs partition, it didn't boot. I said oh well, and tried reseting to my original partition active again.(bascially I already had the recovery partition in ntfs/ primary format, all I did was set it to active and my orginonal partition inactive).

(TOO LONG, DONT WANT TO READ)

~~~~~~~ >problem 1 lies in trying to restart windows right after changing my partition back to active, but I get the following error.

0xc000000e, insert windows install disk and press repair. (windows recovery cd cant fix with startup repair, in cmd, fixmbr works, I got fixboot to work, but bootrec /rebuildbcd says there are 0 windows installations on the disk.

~~~~~~ >my second, but most important problem or question, which should be able to make all my problems go away, is how can I do a reinstall using a recovery partition? I can access all the files to the partition, can toss around the partition but I cant make it bootable, and in windows my onekey rescue says cant find service partition. also atm cant start windows, but shouldn be long

incase I missed anything, windows 7 home edition desktop, Lenovo h405. I have access to my recovery partition, blank dvds and cds, and a 1tb external HDD. just lost at what to do with this recovery partition im hoping can save my computer

ps. maybe the answer is kind of simple, but Ive gone from bad viruses to zeroaccess rootkit, then after researching and getting rid of it, bios gets corrupted and I spend days trying to fix it before just resetting with cmos. now this problem, I just wanna learn how to use my recovery partition :/

Edited by hamluis, 04 July 2015 - 07:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mrgat

Mrgat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:17 AM

Well kiston. Hello I'm Mr.gat(ineau)
Welcome to fifty shades of what I am going through as well!
First. Take in a deep deep breath, hold it for a 5 count and let it out slowly..... RELAX.....
Seriously!
I do know how You feel. Hopefully some wonderfully computer Wizard here will be able to HELP us, get through these murky Windows issues.
Good luck!
Mrgat

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:36 AM

The instructions for accessing/using the recovery function of your system...should have been provided with the system documentation...and/or should be available at the website of your system manufacturer.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht036037

Google

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users