Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Estimates On Old Computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

hp pavillion mx70 17 inch monitor

HP CD-r/rw burner 24x speed

1 128mb SDRAM

1 512mb SDRAM

hp pavillion xt983 case w/ power supply

id like to sell this, but im not sure on pricing, everything is in good condition. please lend your thoughts or comments.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:37 PM

150 bucks max is about what its worth I think.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:33 PM

yeah CGM3 is aboutright on the price. PC's drop in value faster than a car.
Well whatever you do sell it for just be sure to take any ofyour personal info off it.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:10 PM

If you are going to sell a computer I would suggest maybe just removing the hardrive completely and taking care of it (a sledge hammer useally does the trick)...

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:30 AM

If you have the disk for the OS, and can reinstall it, I would suggest using something like Drive Wipe, or Disk Kill to overwright the hdd, and then reinstall the OS. Either of these will make it very dificult for anyone to retrieve any information that was previously there. There are pros out there that can do some amazing things, but it's expensive. If this is your personal machine, and there isn't anything earth shattering on the hdd, I would do what I have suggested and not worry about it.

Quite frankly, I would'nt give you $20. for it if I was going to have to purchase an operating system too.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:37 AM

If you can live without the money make it a backup computer on your LAN, for when your primary PC is down. I am with dc3. That computer with the disks is worth $150 to $175. With out the disks $100. You can buy a similar level machine for $300 at Walmart. I am not trying to be disrespectful just honest. You may find some kid with just enough money ($150) for that computer but that is about it. Make it an MP3 server for your stereo. Or a dedicated Chat box so you don't clutter your primary box.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#7 AmBush

AmBush

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:58 AM

If you are going to sell a computer I would suggest maybe just removing the hardrive completely and taking care of it (a sledge hammer useally does the trick)...

For making a mess it will :thumbsup: For destroying the data it won't
Eraser WILL. i have tested it with Ontrack EasyRecovery™ Professional

Podcast if your interested CyberSpeak June 10, 2006
K.I.S.S "Keep It Simple and Straightforward"

Logged on since July 1996 and Still learning.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users