Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking To Upgrade My RAM and Graphics Card...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 auleep

auleep

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

Hey all,

So my set up was purchased a while ago, so as you all can guess, it's having a tough time handling certain newer games. I bought Arkham Knight (yes i know about the issues with the PC version) and it gets super laggy during action scenes. I figure it's  my RAM being insufficient.

Here are my Specs

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System Manufacturer    INTEL_
System Model    DX58SO__
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel® Core™ i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz, 2794 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    Intel Corp. SOX5810J.86A.4598.2009.1211.1321, 11/12/2009
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    5.99 GB
Available Physical Memory    3.79 GB
Total Virtual Memory    12.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory    9.45 GB
Page File Space    5.99 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650

Here are the requirements for Arkham Knight

System Requirements
  • MINIMUM:
    • OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required) 
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz 
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum) 
    • DirectX: Version 11 
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection 
    • Hard Drive: 45 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required) 
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz 
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3 GB Memory Recommended 
    • DirectX: Version 11 
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection 
    • Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
My question is this, do I need to upgrade anything apart from my RAM and Graphics card? Also, any recomendations for the card, nothing too high end as I might be getting an entire new PC in a couple years. Just something to tide me over until then.

Cheers and thanks a ton

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:09 AM

Your specs are nowhere to play this game at high settings, because your graphics card are below the minimum so we are looking at low to medium at least. As for the game performance, no your RAM is enough although i recommend 8GB as minimum. The Batman Arkham Knight is a console port and ashamed to Warner Brother hire someone that design this game badly that your FPS dip to 10 - 20 fps at random scene, and for the upgrade i would suggest GTX 970, or R9 280. The r9 280 non X version cost around $150 - 200, so if you can afford a $100 - $200 range CPU then you can afford R9 280. 

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Two questions:

1.  What is your Power Supply?

2.  What is your budget?

#4 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

I bought Arkham Knight (yes i know about the issues with the PC version) and it gets super laggy during action scenes. I figure it's  my RAM being insufficient.

Arkham Knight has a memory leak problem. Meaning no matter how much RAM you have,  the game will always run out after playing long enough. 

The game is so badly optimized and utterly broken it was pulled was steam until it's fixed. No system in existence will run the game smoothly given long enough. Titian X owners can't even run the game smoothly. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users