Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System will not post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IrishGemini

IrishGemini

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

Greetings!

I am working on this system as it would not post when bought new from store. So I replaced the motherboard and cpu as follows; MSI 760GM-P34 MB  with the AMD FX-8300 CPU, and reinstalled everything else. The case came with a 350 watt psu.

I still can not get the system to post, here is what i tried already.

Disconnected everything but 1 stick of RAM - nothing

Connected and disconnected everything one by one - Nothing.

I dont have a keyboard attached, dont think that would stop it from posting,... the only thing left is memory or the psu, right?

I tried different configurations with the 2 sticks of memory, different banks, sticks, etc. Nothing.

I do get 3 beeps when NO RAM is installed, so I am thinking its the psu?  As I said this system came with a 350 watt psu, I have one on the way at 400 watts. 

The motherboard standoffs are intact, any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated! 

Edited by IrishGemini, 03 July 2015 - 09:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

Well .. If it was bought new from the store and wouldn't post (not sure why you didn't return it right then and there.  And then you replace the motherboard and chip and it still won't post, than it COULD be the PSU .. .some cases have a case switch that disables the PSU from powering the board when the case is not fully closed.  Could that be your problem?

#3 IrishGemini

IrishGemini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

The reason it was not returned is beyond me, not my computer, I am working on this for a friend.

And I did look for a case switch, none. I will install the new psu when it arrives, hope this solves it.

thanks for your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users