Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop fan speeds up whenever I open the IE browser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:27 AM

I have IE8 on my computer, along with chrome and firefox.  Ive noticed that if I have chrome or chrome and firefox open, that the laptop fan runs at a low speed, but as soon as I fire up IE, the fan starts speeding up to where it gets quite noisy.  As soon as I jshut down IE, the fan returns back to its low speed.  Is IE really that bad as a browser

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:27 AM

One thing you should do is update to IE11 as IE8 is obsolete. That might solve the problem. I don't use IE either but for security reasons I have the latest version.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

One thing you should do is update to IE11 as IE8 is obsolete. That might solve the problem. I don't use IE either but for security reasons I have the latest version.

Internet Explorer isn't obsolete, Windows 7 includes Internet Explorer 8 as part of the operating system.  IE 8 will no longer be supported after January 12 2016.  At that time Microsoft will make all but the latest version of IE obsolete and no longer support these.

Having said that, it is out of date to the point that it has the potential of being a security issue.  Windows 7 will run better and have less error if you were to upgrade to IE 11.

Since you are not using IE as your default browser this should not affect how to get online.  This may resolve the slowness issue you are currently experiencing.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users