Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wifi driver for Vista

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charlie1215

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

I have a Toshiba Satillite  C855-S5192 (laptop) that came with Windows 8. My harddrive crashed, I replaced it. I had a copy of Vista and installed it. Vista does not seem to have the drivers for this computer's wifi. I can not find the right driver. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

Edited by Charlie1215, 02 July 2015 - 11:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:02 AM

Most likely Vista will be a No Go. It would be best to install the Win 8 OS your laptop came with. Since your original HD is dead, restoring the OS from there is now history. If you created the factory recovery discs, hopefully you did, you can reinstall using those. If you lack a recovery set of discs you can order them from Toshiba, under Get Recovery Media from here: https://support.toshiba.com/repair  Recovery discs are inexpensive. You will need to provide the serial number of your laptop to get the correct set.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users