Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

it's a bad sign isn't it? (new laptop not working)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

I followed the instructions and then pressed the power button.......nothing. I wait about 5 minutes or so and do a hard shut down. take out the battery, put it back in, turned it on.........nothing. anyone have any other remedies they can share? I guess I gotta send it back....

it's an acer v5 with windows 7.......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,302 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

Did you attempt to use without the battery....just plugged into a wall outlet using the powerpack?

Did you allow the battery to charge as per instruction?

If both answers to those questions are YES and there is nothing happening....lights....on screen text...nothing....then you should return it.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:05 PM

it said nothing about charging the battery, which I did find odd. I have had great luck with Acer but this one appears to be a dud. bummer. 

I tried it without the battery and still nothing. thanks for your help. appreciate it.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

Change it out for another one, I have two Acer's one 5 year old and one 7 year old still chugging along with nothing but a software glitch here and there not their fault.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

Did you pull the battery, remove from AC power, and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.  Put it all back together and see what happens.

What happened originally that started this issue?

#6 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

Did you pull the battery, remove from AC power, and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.  Put it all back together and see what happens.

What happened originally that started this issue?

I tried all kinds of things and still there was nothing on the screen. I could hear the hard drive boot up and hum along but nothing registered on the screen. I sent it back and just turned on the same machine from a different retailer and all is well.  thanks everyone for all the replies!

#7 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:20 AM

I would suggest you bring your computer to technician near your area to have take him take a look of it, while they might charge you between $40 or less but it's better than waiting with no answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users