Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

teredo tunneling pseudo error?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jake21

jake21

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

Did a Norton scan and Norton noted that I had an error with regard to drivers. Everything appears to be working fine, not sure what this error entails. Looked at device manager and the only YELLOW LIGHT was

teredo tunneling pseudo-interface error

D.Manger says it is not working,etc.

Cause for alarm or ignore?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

Hi jake21 :)

The Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter is used to convert IPv4 communications to IPv6. It's normal for the device to show as not working (Code 10). You don't have to worry about it since you most likely don't use it. You can ignore that warning.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

Thanks...suspected as much....but nice to have an amen there. Tip of the hat to ya!!

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

No problem jake, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users