Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware that wont be deleted no matter what i do

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Coldman10

Coldman10

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

As the title implies I have adware that wont go away and I have used some supposedly strong anti adware such as malware bytes,panda and even hitman pro but none have worked all three have picked it up but none of the seem to get rid of it completely what I'm usually left is with a folder but i cannot find the folder I'm fine with giving information however if I do can you please mention what its used to do as i'm pretty sceptical putting stuff about my CP on the internet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

Post what they are there are some ligit programs that get flagged that will not be removed.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

When all else fails, blow it up - backup your data and reinstall Windows. 

If not even anti-malware software can get rid of it, then go with the last resort. 

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:18 AM

Then run these.... I moved this from win7 to the Am I Infected forum

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner
  • Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
lv0mVRW.pngJunkware Removal Tool
  • Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
cvMlKv6.pngESET Online Scanner
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET Online Scanner in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE: Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

Boopme got here first.

Edited by dc3, 02 July 2015 - 11:24 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Coldman10

Coldman10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

Right.:

When i used mini tool box it had what looked like things i did not want to share so sorry im not posting it its just me being safer

i think ive already used adwcleaner before so im not gonna try downloading it again

Junkware seems fine but is it ok if i change the name of my drive as its my actual name

have not tried the others as junkware seems to be good to go i just need to know if i can change username in my drive

Edited by hamluis, 02 July 2015 - 12:17 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

Simply edit out your user name before posting. If that is what you don't want seen. Just replace with a bunch of xxxxxxxxxxxes.

Do scan with and post all the logs of all the programs in Boopme's post. Often, even though you have used a program before, it finds more.

Edited by buddy215, 02 July 2015 - 12:57 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 Coldman10

Coldman10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

Sorry but i dont know how to attach the notes so im going to have to post them in full so its comments are readable also minitool box had a lot of information and i didnt know what was important or not so i just left it and for ESET when i tried following the procces i always got stuck so i just simply left that one two but i did retry the adwcleaner again so here are the two log's:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 7.2.7 (07.02.2015:2)
Ran by XXX on 02/07/2015 at 18:03:58.75
~~~ Services
~~~ Tasks
~~~ Registry Values
~~~ Registry Keys
~~~ Files
Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\appdataFr25.bin
Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\XXX\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\local storage\chrome-extension_ogminpmldncgcmokldnmmapddoccmhfl_0.localstorage
Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\XXX\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\local storage\hxxps_inst.shoppingate.info_0.localstorage
Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\XXX\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\local storage\hxxps_inst.shoppingate.info_0.localstorage-journal
~~~ Folders
~~~ FireFox
~~~ Chrome
[C:\Users\XXX\appdata\local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - default search provider reset
[C:\Users\XXX\appdata\local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:
[C:\Users\XXX\appdata\local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - default search provider reset
[C:\Users\XXX\appdata\local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:
[]
Scan was completed on 02/07/2015 at 18:06:49.15
End of JRT log

dwCleaner v4.207 - Logfile created 02/07/2015 at 19:11:29
# Updated 21/06/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-07-02.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : XXX - XXX-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\XXX\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Scan
***** [ Services ] *****
***** [ Files / Folders ] *****
File Found : C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxps_inst.shoppingate.info_0.localstorage
File Found : C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxps_inst.shoppingate.info_0.localstorage-journal
***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****
***** [ Shortcuts ] *****
***** [ Registry ] *****
Data Found : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyEnable] - 1
Data Found : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyOverride] - <-loopback>
Data Found : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyServer] - hxxp=127.0.0.1:49567;hxxps=127.0.0.1:49567
Value Found : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [DefaultConnectionSettings]
Value Found : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [SavedLegacySettings]
***** [ Web browsers ] *****
-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17840
-\\ Mozilla Firefox v
[09h6kch2.default] - Line Found : user_pref("extensions.40f7WjQteO2jSflt.scode", "(function(){try{if(window.location.href.indexOf(\"rjrHqdk6rja6rdaFrHrGqHa5rjY\")>-1){return;}}catch(e){}try{var d=[[\"livewebcams.xyz\",\"secure.dditser[...]
-\\ Google Chrome v43.0.2357.130
AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1770 bytes] - [02/07/2015 19:11:29]
########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1829 bytes] ##########

I delted the spaces to create more room and also i'd like to say i may take a while to reply after this one as i am quite busy tomorrow so please don't expect a immediate reply

#9 Coldman10

Coldman10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

not to be pushy or anything but may I get a reply soon? I will be going on vacation soon and wont have time to answer

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:19 PM

Remove what ADWCleaner found and then do ESET

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • The tool will start to update the database, please wait a bit.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.
  • After the scan has finished...
    <-insert any special instructions here for what to uncheck OR remove this line if there are none->
  • This time click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 Coldman10

Coldman10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:16 AM

# AdwCleaner v4.208 - Logfile created 30/07/2015 at 17:13:08
# Updated 09/07/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-07-26.2 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : xxxx - xxx-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\xxxxxx\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\ReactorKeeper
File Deleted : C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxps_inst.shoppingate.info_0.localstorage
File Deleted : C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxps_inst.shoppingate.info_0.localstorage-journal
File Deleted : C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_st.chatango.com_0.localstorage
File Deleted : C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_st.chatango.com_0.localstorage-journal

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B5DB572D-EA87-D3B0-08F6-4D153EA6A783}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\inst.shoppingate.info
Data Deleted : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyServer] - hxxp=127.0.0.1:49567;hxxps=127.0.0.1:49567
Data Deleted : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyEnable] - 1
Data Deleted : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyOverride] - <-loopback>

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17909

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v

[09h6kch2.default\prefs.js] - Line Deleted : user_pref("extensions.40f7WjQteO2jSflt.scode", "(function(){try{if(window.location.href.indexOf(\"rjrHqdk6rja6rdaFrHrGqHa5rjY\")>-1){return;}}catch(e){}try{var d=[[\"livewebcams.xyz\",\"secure.dditser[...]

-\\ Google Chrome v44.0.2403.107

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [2720 bytes] - [30/07/2015 17:09:51]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [2779 bytes] - [30/07/2015 17:12:20]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [2227 bytes] - [30/07/2015 17:13:08]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [2286  bytes] ##########

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:33 PM

Good lets see how it is after ESET

#13 Coldman10

Coldman10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:01 PM

eset just cleans my computer and dosent give me any information on the scan

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:42 PM

Ok, well is it running well now?

#15 Coldman10

Coldman10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

no viruses are bothering me and its all running smooth but my the virus database constantly pops up saying tis updated to version 12804 is that normal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users