Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't get into Facebook...popup page says I have Malware

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LadyUnicorn

LadyUnicorn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

Last night I was on FB, all of a sudden I get booted out, and a page pops up with this message

1U2ftI0b2hV.png   It looks like your computer is being affected by malware. We’ll help you fix the problem to keep your account secure and prevent malware from spreading to friends.     Malware is software that tries to steal personal information and causes problems when you use Facebook. Clicking or sharing links that contain spam can give your computer malware.

The only way out of the page is to click GET STARTED or X out of it. I X out of it. I ran my Avast, I ran Spybot Search and Destroy. I ran them again, and a boot scan, After getting numerous  baddies off my computer, I still get that pop up page when I try to get on facebook. I changed my password, still no go. 

I have windows 8.1 64 bit,  The page this message is on, is pretty much blank except for the message,  Up in the blue bar there is a FB  F logo, but nothing else.

Also, I noticed that in the address, when the page comes up, it says checkpoint and a bunch of other stuff, after the Facebook.com that I type in, please, can someone help? Thank you for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:24 AM

I had that issue. You need to download the tool provided on link in that page,run it and Facebook will do it's job (you'll see progress bar). After that just for your safety,change your password.

#3 LadyUnicorn

LadyUnicorn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:38 AM

Thank you, I did it, and I'm back in FB, I was afraid if I clicked on it that it would turn out that IT was the malware!

#4 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

No problem,just don't forget to change your password. My neighbor had some adult content on his profile so if you get anything like that remove it . Stay safe :)

#5 amyelek

amyelek

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

I have this problem, too. I'm using a macbook, but when I go onto Facebook on a friends macbook or another laptop it works fine, no popup. How can I fix this. When I download the "malware remover" it just becomes text and I have a pre-existing virus/malware scanner on my laptop.

#6 billyjoeraybobbubba

billyjoeraybobbubba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:38 AM

The paranoid in me says FB doesn't want any competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users