Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W8.1 Freezing after 5 min from login

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kidcid6

kidcid6

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:09 AM

hello folks,

i have come across an issue that is new to me. last week on Thursday or Friday i came home to a frozen PC. when i say frozen i mean non-responsive. i had to force the PC to power down. after i powered the PC backup i logged in and about five minutes in the PC would freeze. i have run diagnostics on the OS drive and on the other drives i have and found no problems with them. i originally had the CPU overclocked but not by much. i reset the bios setting for the CPU to defaults and nothing has changed. i then had the PC reboot into safe mode with network connectivity. safe mode worked for 3 days straight, so i decided to restart to windows to see if things were back to normal. the PC still froze after 5 min. i have already gathered information with Speccy, minitoolbox, CPU-z, and zipped the minidump folder. i have also zipped all the files and folder into one zip file and attached it here. please let me know if there is anything else that you may need to help me figure out what is going on.

Thank youAttached File  Cidious Desktop.zip   938.78KB   2 downloads

i forgot to mention that at one point the PC BSOD and said CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, but i have not been able to recreate that BSOD.

Edited by kidcid6, 02 July 2015 - 08:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 axiomteck

axiomteck

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

It looks like thas going to be overheating.
or maybe infected, or jardware is creating this problem.
desconnect all the extra stuff connected to it and test if does it again . Plug a device to see if it does it.

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

Perform a clean boot in Windows to eliminate service or startup program that may be causing the Windows OS to freeze.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Posted Image

#4 kidcid6

kidcid6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

It looks like thas going to be overheating.
or maybe infected, or jardware is creating this problem.
desconnect all the extra stuff connected to it and test if does it again . Plug a device to see if it does it.

Please elaborate what you mean by extra stuff. All i have connected externally is a keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

Thanks

#5 axiomteck

axiomteck

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

Sometimes extra hardware. No including keyboard and mouse .
some other hardware like hard drive pci express. Can cause this problem.
Sometimes the drivers becomes corrupted. And can cause, that computer to freeze

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:29 PM

I have looked at your files and the biggest problem you seem to have at present is with the Oracle version of MySQL that you have. Almost all the errors in your MiniToolbox report are connected to that. I suggest you uninstall it and re-install it - with a re-boot in between - but back up all your database data before you do this !

I notice that you have utorrent software, Apple Bonjour, and Google toolbars installed. While there are many legitimate uses for p2p software it is an easy route to install malware. If you don't need I would recommend uninstalling it. The only use I know for Bonjour on a Windows computer is interfacing with an Apple printer, if you don't use an apple printer then it can safely be uninstalled and it is known to sometimes cause problems on Windows. And unless you find yourself a heavy user of the Google toolbar I would uninstall that as well. It is not that it will, or may, cause problems but toolbars like this are normally unnecessary, clutter up your browser screen and - this is an entirely personal view - I really dislike them !

Try the above and see if it helps.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#7 kidcid6

kidcid6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

Sometimes extra hardware. No including keyboard and mouse .
some other hardware like hard drive pci express. Can cause this problem.
Sometimes the drivers becomes corrupted. And can cause, that computer to freeze

Hello axiomteck,

thanks again for the reply. i do not have any drives connected via PCI express. all 7 drive have been scanned for drive corruption and they all are in the clear. the only thing that is PCIE on my PC is the video card. now as i stated before, everything works in safe mode. there seems to be something that is causing my PC to freeze after 5 min from logging in. now if it were hardware related, it should have given me the same problem in safe mode, correct?

I have looked at your files and the biggest problem you seem to have at present is with the Oracle version of MySQL that you have. Almost all the errors in your MiniToolbox report are connected to that. I suggest you uninstall it and re-install it - with a re-boot in between - but back up all your database data before you do this !

I notice that you have utorrent software, Apple Bonjour, and Google toolbars installed. While there are many legitimate uses for p2p software it is an easy route to install malware. If you don't need I would recommend uninstalling it. The only use I know for Bonjour on a Windows computer is interfacing with an Apple printer, if you don't use an apple printer then it can safely be uninstalled and it is known to sometimes cause problems on Windows. And unless you find yourself a heavy user of the Google toolbar I would uninstall that as well. It is not that it will, or may, cause problems but toolbars like this are normally unnecessary, clutter up your browser screen and - this is an entirely personal view - I really dislike them !

Try the above and see if it helps.

Chris Cosgrove

Hello Chris,

thank you for the reply. i uninstalled all you have suggested and rebooted the PC. i dont really need MySQL since it was for a private server of Lineage2 that i was running for myself. i can always rebuild it in the future if i care to play it again. even after uninstalling all those suggested applications, the PC still froze at the same exact time frame. one thing that did catch my eye was a warning from NOD32 that did not pop up before until i went to uninstall utorrent. funny thing is that i ran both NOD32 and malewarebyts before i posted anything on here and they had found nothing before. i am going to run a full scan with malewarebyts when i get home tonight and let you all know if i find anything. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users