Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure where to look here?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chris fresh

chris fresh

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

Hey guy's. I'm looking for a cleaner to run. I use CCleaner now,but I just don't think it's getting it all. I have a Toshiba Skullcandy about a year old and it just seems slower than it should be. I notice delays and small things that just seem like they should be better. About 2 years ago someone posted a couple of links that were really helpfull on my old computer. Like i said,CC is good i think for the basic weekly sweep,but i think i need something that digs just a little deeper. Any one have a name or a clean download for me? As always any help is awesome.

Edited by computerxpds, 01 July 2015 - 05:36 PM.
Moved to All Other Applications forum from Gen. Sec.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

Hi there,

For general cleaning I think CCleaner is good enough. Anything that goes deeper should be used with extreme caution, or not at all (especially registry cleaners - never use those!).

A slow computer can be caused by a lot of reasons, not only trash files. Malware infections can cause slowdowns, Potentially Unwanted Programs (toolbars, adware etc.) can clutter up your resources, or even a failing hard drive - but since the machine is only a year old I doubt it.

If you want a checkup for malware, post in Am I Infected. A first responder will check your machine for possible infections, and if necessary refer you to elevated help.

Regards,
Alex

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

For general cleaning I think CCleaner is good enough. Anything that goes deeper should be used with extreme caution, or not at all (especially registry cleaners - never use those!).

I am in agreement with Alex.

However, if you are adamant, here is a list of other Disk Cleanup Tools.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users