Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Drop Out, Issues Restarting Computer, Programs Freezing/Slow to Start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CR123

CR123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

Hello,

For the past week or so I've been experiencing odd issues with my computer. I created a BP user account in hopes that you guys might help me determine whether or not my issues are related to Malware/viruses/root kits.  Several days ago I stupidly attempted to download a file from WinWiki which might have been infected.. Download "failed" in FireFox and there was no trace of it in the downloads folder.

System:

Windows 7 Professional 64

Bit Defender Total Security 2015- This was installed several months ago, but I've had the computer for years

Problems to date:

1. Internet is sporadically very slow on a very fast connection.

2. Seemingly high network, CPU, & memory usage (as reported by performance windows resource monitor) while computer is idle.

3. Computer occasionally will not shut down (this happened last night)

4. Odd temp files in various locations

5. Outlook & Excel have recently begun to freeze; Outlook often takes several minutes to load

-Outlook has problems maintaining connection to msexchange server

6. Files & websites occasionally seem to open themselves or will not open at all.

-OneDrive opens on its own, or fails to run

-"YouTube HD" download website opens regularly on its own accord

-Recent trouble opening online banking website. Failed login attempts from this computer only

7. Noticed the running sfc /scannow from the command window yields "Found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".  Running a disk check results in no errors.

Over the past several days I've run a number of different programs to try and diagnose the issue:

Bitdefender Total Security tools & several complete scans, ADWCleaner, JRT, TDSSKiller, EsetScan, Mbam, etc.  Bitdefender discovered a Trojan and AdwCleaner discovered a couple of PUP's, but the issues persist. Can you guys walk me through a process to verify whether the computer is actually clean as the various malware programs now suggests? 

**EDIT** Twice now I've also noticed that my "Intrusion Detection System" in Bitdefender has changed from the highest setting "Aggressive" to the lowest setting: "Permissive".

Edited by CR123, 01 July 2015 - 01:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CR123

CR123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

No one?

#3 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:20 AM

Hello,

Since you have used all tools that I use to help and detect the problem and all that didn't help. You can get an expert opinion by asking for help in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. You will need to follow instructions in the Preparation Guide.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Step 6. is the most important.

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users