Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One simple question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stefchoto1

stefchoto1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

Do the video cards have different 'sockets' on the motherboard, like the processors do? Because I want to change my motherboard to FM2A58M VGA3+, because I want to upgrade my processor to amd 860k, due to it's better performance. So I'm not sure if this new motherboard will support my GTX 750 StormX 2GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

Do the video cards have different 'sockets' on the motherboard, like the processors do? Because I want to change my motherboard to FM2A58M VGA3+, because I want to upgrade my processor to amd 860k, due to it's better performance. So I'm not sure if this new motherboard will support my GTX 750 StormX 2GB

I believe it would, will.

#3 Zach6656

Zach6656

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

generally, no, most mobo's have a PCI-e x16 socket on them that is also a popular graphics card connector, not much worries there

always use DD-WRT for all your routers, if you cant get it for them, throw them away

#4 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

generally, no, most mobo's have a PCI-e x16 socket on them that is also a popular graphics card connector, not much worries there

Yeah, one can have different socket sets for CPUs & M/Bs but, vid card slots are fairly consistent. Doesn't feel like GPU.  1st easiest, quickest thing is swap out the RAM; @ least try w/ just 1 and juggle slots, too.  Throw a tester on that P/S.  "oh there's power" but, it's not absolute, they can, actually, be bad.  Eliminate things if it's not something blatantly obvious.

You'll keep in touch, I trust

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

The motherboard specs...will always indicate what expansion slots are available for use.

As long as you have a slot which accommodates a given type of graphics card (PCI-e, in this case), should not be a problem.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-know-if-graphics-card-is-compatible-3588810/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users