Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to log into fb... Your computer needs to be cleaned message

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 IKnowJack

IKnowJack

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:05 AM

I went to copy and paste a picture onto fb and then I got this. Is this malware??? It asks you to download trend micro, kapersky, f-seure if you want your account unlocked on fb. I have the paid version of eset/nod32

Only affected chrome. But if I used Opera incognito mode I would get it also. Did no affect normal mode in opera.

Got mad as I had to download kapersky per their instruction. I use eset though. Paid version. I uninstalled kapersky when it scanned as it found nothing, Did a eset scan, but it found nothing. Still want to check what this is. Thank you.

kKOTMFKo5Tw2UtUTpH7kLTU35E8hkDQQFnL8e5fg

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name -------------------------------------
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP EliteBook 8570p
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3360M CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68ICF Ver. F.62, 4/7/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name ------------------------------------
Time Zone -----------------------------------
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.93 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.37 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.86 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.23 GB
Page File Space 3.93 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Edited by IKnowJack, 01 July 2015 - 09:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IKnowJack

IKnowJack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

UPDATE:- I got directed to a fb page, at least I thnk it is, that says something like this

Making malware cleanup easier

You'll find a recommendation to install software to detect and clean up malware in almost any security guide. Although a single product isn't sufficient to defend against all modern security threats, the general recommendation persists because the technology remains effective in blocking categories of known threats and cleaning up malware infections if they find their way onto your computer. Since resolving a malware problem is a little bit different each time, we're committed to working with our partners to give people on Facebook the help they need in keeping their information secure.

Our goal is to make it easier for people to find and use the right technology to better protect their devices. We've worked with F-Secure and Trend Micro to incorporate free anti-malware software downloads directly into our existing abuse detection and prevention systems. These are the same systems that help us block malicious links and bad sites from among the trillions of clicks that take place every day on Facebook.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,977 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.
POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.

Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

===

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.
IMPORTANT
  • If you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.
If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.
  • Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
  • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
  • You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).
===

Download the version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
===

How is the computer running?
Wait for further instructions.

#4 IKnowJack

IKnowJack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

k... will do now

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,977 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

Are you still with me?

#6 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,977 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users