Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"USB Device not recognized" problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jamjamnewbie

jamjamnewbie

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:32 AM

a month ago, i installed a printer (drivers and everything) and it worked perfectly

now a few days back, when i connect my printer, it gives "usb device not recognized" (ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES IT CONNECTS, I DUNNO WHAT HAPPENED. BUT MORE OFTEN, IT GIVES USB NOT RECOGNIZED)

this also happens to my usb, but in my other windows 7, it connects fine...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jraju

jraju

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:17 AM

Did you try the same in other ports. It should work. If you have windows 7, and if you plug it, it auto detects and get the drivers for it automatically. If the printer does not detect, Go to Printers and then properties, There you have the option of update the drivers . Pl try it windows will auto detect from its window updates, and then install it automatically. otherwise, either the port is defective and needs replacement.

If you have xp, then go to manufacturere web to get the latest driver for your product. That will solve the problem.

#3 jamjamnewbie

jamjamnewbie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:27 AM

so im gonna explain

my pc has 2 front ports

the printer does not work on both ports

the usb doesnt work on the first port, but it works on the second port

the printer it is 'detected' but not 'recognized'

#4 jamjamnewbie

jamjamnewbie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:42 AM

wait what my printer is now magically working

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

Worth a look, IMO:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/165554-usb-driver-general-fix-problems.html  and USB Problems, MS FixIt - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users