Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium,,,,,,any users?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:51 AM

Hi Everyone!

I really love Malwarebytes Premium,I'm just tickled that I was able to grab a lifetime program ,,,,,,thanks to the tip I got here to grab one while they were still available .......

Now I was reading a little about the Anti-Exploit Premium & I was considering purchasing it but first I would really appreciate some opinions if anyone is using it ,,,,,,,,,,I truly never do anything without seeking advice here at BC...............you guys(& gals) awesome!

Thank you much ,Kwik

I have a Win 7 OS,SuperAntiSpyware,SpywareBlaster,MBAM Premium,Win Patrol & MSSE

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,948 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:10 AM

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE), formerly ExploitShield by ZeroVulnerabilityLabs, is a security program that runs in the background as a standard Windows Service and protects against zero-day exploits that target browser and application vulnerabilities, blocks exploit kits and defends against drive-by download attacks.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit provides three layers of exploit protection (against Operating System security bypasses, memory caller protection, application behavior protection). MBAE continuously monitors popular applications, preventing vulnerabilities in software and browsers from being exploited, blocks unknown and known exploit kits, proactively preventing the exploit from installing its payload before it can do damage. This means that it will protect against code execution that uses a certain vulnerability in an application. MBAE leaves a small footprint...meaning it is not intrusive, does not utilize a lot of system resources and does not use a signature database so there is no need for constant updating.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit includes a 14-day trial mode for the Premium version which you can enable during installation by checking the box when prompted. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium includes additional protecton (Shields) for PDF readers, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Media players and allows the ability to add/manage custom shields. The Premium version requires a registration ID and purchase of a license key after the trial period expires.

Note: The installer/setup for all three...Free, Trial and Premium is the same. If you are installing for the first time during the install, it will ask if you want a 14-day trial mode. If you click continue without unchecking it will enable the 14-day trial. After the trial you can choose to continue using Free or upgrade to paid Premium. If you choose to continue with the Free version, then Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will still continue providing real-time protection against web-based exploits in browsers, browser add-ons and Java.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Resources:

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

Hello newbleeping:

The developer (pbust) placed MBAE v1.07.1.1010 in general release today.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/170015-malwarebytes-anti-exploit-10711010/

Edited by 1PW, 01 July 2015 - 10:33 PM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,948 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:12 AM

I like the new features.

#5 newbleeping

newbleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

Sounds great,,,,Thanks Quietman & 1PW

,I like this.....

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit provides three layers of exploit protection (against Operating System security bypasses, memory caller protection, application behavior protection). MBAE continuously monitors popular applications, preventing vulnerabilities in software and browsers from being exploited, blocks unknown and known exploit kits, proactively preventing the exploit from installing its payload before it can do damage.

"Before It Can Do Damage"............that's what I like to hear-lol     I went ahead & installed it with the FREE 14 day trial period

Have a fantastic evening....Kwik

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,948 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:29 AM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

#7 digmor crusher

digmor crusher

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

I use it, find it provides excellent protection with minimal user input and is problem free. So in other words go for it, even the free version provides a lot of protection.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,948 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Known Issues & Conflicts are listed here.

#9 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE), formerly ExploitShield by ZeroVulnerabilityLabs, is a security program that runs in the background as a standard Windows Service and protects against zero-day exploits that target browser and application vulnerabilities, blocks exploit kits and defends against drive-by download attacks.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit provides three layers of exploit protection (against Operating System security bypasses, memory caller protection, application behavior protection). MBAE continuously monitors popular applications, preventing vulnerabilities in software and browsers from being exploited, blocks unknown and known exploit kits, proactively preventing the exploit from installing its payload before it can do damage. This means that it will protect against code execution that uses a certain vulnerability in an application. MBAE leaves a small footprint...meaning it is not intrusive, does not utilize a lot of system resources and does not use a signature database so there is no need for constant updating.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit includes a 14-day trial mode for the Premium version which you can enable during installation by checking the box when prompted. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium includes additional protecton (Shields) for PDF readers, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Media players and allows the ability to add/manage custom shields. The Premium version requires a registration ID and purchase of a license key after the trial period expires.

Note: The installer/setup for all three...Free, Trial and Premium is the same. If you are installing for the first time during the install, it will ask if you want a 14-day trial mode. If you click continue without unchecking it will enable the 14-day trial. After the trial you can choose to continue using Free or upgrade to paid Premium. If you choose to continue with the Free version, then Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will still continue providing real-time protection against web-based exploits in browsers, browser add-ons and Java.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Resources:

I have Malwarebytes anti-exploit on my windows 8 and have used it for over a year.  seems good to me.

#10 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:35 PM

It is a good program. I went on a website that had been exploited (not naming it for security issues) and mbae popped in and saved me from going to the exploit which would then download malicious software onto my pc

they call me te java mayster

#11 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:17 PM

I use MBAE on all of my Windows installs, uses minimal resources & one can see it's active (even the Free version, which I use) by the pop-up when opening a browser. One can also right click onto the MBAE icon & then choose to show it, there's a little green area that says it's running. 

Nice little app to have, giving protection at launch of browsers, as well as add-ons (extensions) of major ones, and of course Java if installed. For PDF readers, Media Players & MS Office protection, one has to pay for a Premium license after the 14 day Trial period. Those who uses these apps a lot and are concerned about enhanced protection may wish to consider purchasing the Premium license. One can catch the 3 PC/1 Year licenses at promo pricing on the Newegg site, if signed up for promos on their site, where I got all of my MBAM Pro Lifetime licenses at deep discounts (under $15 each). 

My opinion, since it uses very little resources, and the large majority of us needs to use our browsers, MBAE is a great product to have installed to help prevent the type of attacks that quiteman7 listed above & is upgraded regularly. Basically an install and forget app until an updated version is released. :)

For more about MBAE with information, including a 14 day Free Trial, check out the link below. Though I recommend if purchasing, grab from Newegg when on promo, for those who doesn't want to deal with recurring subscriptions, an issue brought up over other security & software choices on this forum. Plus one can often get protection for 3 computers for the price of one listed on the MBAE site. 

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/?x-source=inproduct

Cat

Edited by cat1092, 22 March 2016 - 05:20 PM.

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users