Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007 unreliable on Win7 Ultimate x64

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eyesore

eyesore

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:31 PM

Hello,

I have been running a new PC, ASUS Z97-WS, for about six months.  Over 80% of my application crashes are related to Microsoft products.  I am running WIN7 Ultimate x64, using Office 2007.  Word crashes regularly and normally reports “… software exception (0xe00000002) …”  I have run hardware tests, including Word diagnostics without finding errors.  Word tends to fail when saving a file for the first time.  If it recovers it normally looses the data entered, it sometimes shows repairs related to image objects but is vague on details.  If Word saves a file successfully, it seems to run fine from that point forward.

I have all the latest Microsoft updates, BIOS updates, print drivers, and have disabled all Word add-ons and have replaced normal.doc.

What would you recommend I try to prevent Word crashes?  Thanks.

----- More details ----

PS Office 2007 worked when I installed them on a previous ASUS PC about 7 years ago.

Event Viewer shows, faulting application: WINWORD.EXE

The Word application session lasts between 20 seconds to ~700 seconds before crashing.

Word leaves many ~WRD0000.tmp files in directories when it crashes.  I remove these files.

I also run Viso Professional 2007, which attempts to reinstall itself every time I start the program.  I can cancel the install or let it proceed.  Once started Viso works correctly.

Excel web queries broke about 5 months ago.  I have tested these, without success, on multiple machines.  It appears that I am the only person using this ability.

Sfc /scannow was clean until incomplete WIN7 updates, KB3022345, KB3068708.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users