Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Erndog

Erndog

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

Wiped hard drive due to a virus. Not able to reinstall windows 7  loads and stops displays (NO Device Driver found) Insert correct media type.... did that by using Motherboard driver disk... Still will not accept drivers?. Stumped....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:21 PM

Hi Erndog :)

Where did you get the installation media from? Is it a USB, CD or DVD? Is your computer a desktop or a laptop?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Erndog

Erndog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:45 AM

Installation media is windows 7 DVD. Computer is a desktop.    Have DVD also for mother board drivers  Asrock  G41C-GS

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

Is it an official Windows 7 DVD, or did you download a Windows 7 .iso and burn it on the DVD?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Erndog

Erndog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:15 AM

It is an official Microsoft windows 7 DVD not a burned copy...

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

Is your CD/DVD-ROM the first device in the boot priority list in your BIOS?

unite_blue.png

#7 Erndog

Erndog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

Yes the bios is set to boot from cd..

#8 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

Hi there,

I think thats the problem of SATA configuration.

Go in BIOS ,in Hard Drive/Advanced section try change AHCI to IDE or if already IDE then try change to AHCI, more instructions here.

When that Mode is incorrect your machine doesn't boot and Windows Installation doesn't work.

Hope that works :)

Regards,

Tenis

#9 Erndog

Erndog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

Still displays no device driver found  with change in bios  1st boot device cd/dvd (AHCI)    2nd Hard drive (IDE)   Connectors on both devices are Sata....

#10 Erndog

Erndog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

Used information on Hard Drive/Advanced section try change AHCI to IDE....  DvD / CD writer becomes disabled will not boot....

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

I am not sure why Windows 7 is not detecting the hard drive. Windows is has native SATA drivers that are supposed to detect the hard drive. I could not find the SATA drivers on AsRocks support site for you motherboard. Download the Intel RST driver here. For 64bit you would download this one.

f6flpy-x64.zip

Go to BIOS and change the mode back to AHCI.

Unzip the files to a USB flash drive. When you get to this screen select Custom and at the next screen attach the USB flash drive and press the load drivers button and hopefully it finds your hard drive.

Edited by JohnC_21, 01 July 2015 - 06:05 PM.

#12 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

Windows may not detect the hard drives if you have multiple physical drives in a RAID format.  Great for redundancy, but not so good on an initial install.  Your motherboard driver disk should have the RAID controller driver, but you have to dig to find it, but normally it is under drivers>RAID>(version)>(driver).  Once you do it will then detect the hard drive (in this case, a volume).

This is of course assuming that it cannot detect the HD.

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#13 Erndog

Erndog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

Problem has been Solved... The virus that was removed from hard drive. Still remains in drive. Not allowing windows 7 to reinstall.. (No device drivers found) Installed new hard drive and windows 7 loaded. After hard drive was wiped I thought that would take care of problem and windows could be reloaded. Thanks for replying.. Erndog

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

I've never seen a malware that causes that issue during a Windows reinstallation to be honest.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users