Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse/keyboard staggering and cpu running hard at idle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mat2332

mat2332

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:09 PM

Hey guys,

I have been having an issue recently with my mouse/keyboard staggering a lot with significant noise from my computer like something is running.  I checked resources but everything is minimal.  I am running Windows 8.1 Pro.  I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard which I replaced the batteries in the mouse thinking they could be dying, but that didn't work. The Keyboard is a solar charging keyboard and has good battery.

I did notice today, but have not noticed before that when this was happening, the windows maintenance was running.  I stopped it, and it took a while to get the mouse back to normal again.  Don't know if this is a coincidence or not.  

My computer has a 4ghz 8 core amd fx processor and 32 gb of ram.  The skipping or staggering is happening randomly, sometimes at idle, sometimes when putting slight load.  But there is no way I do anything that will stress my specs out to cause staggering which leads me to believe that it has to be some type of infection.  

Can someone walk me through a process to find out?  I have Avast, Malwarebytes, and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit running for protection.  I ran Malwarebytes and Avast and didn't find anything, which doesn't surprise me.  I realize that no program is full proof and each have their strengths and weaknesses so I am sure I am still vulnerable somewhere.  I also realize a clean install is probably going to be the best solution, but it is a p-i-t-a to reinstall everything so if I can avoid that, that would be ideal.  Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Mat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

Are you running more then one anti-virus scanner in a real-time protection never run more then one anti-virus software in a real-time protection if you do then your network and computer will slow down even your mouse. Also have you try reinstalling the Mouse driver.

Posted Image

#3 mat2332

mat2332
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

Are you running more then one anti-virus scanner in a real-time protection never run more then one anti-virus software in a real-time protection if you do then your network and computer will slow down even your mouse. Also have you try reinstalling the Mouse driver.

Yes, I have updated my driver as well.  I have always had these 2 AV/AM programs running real-time protection at the same time with no issues.  This only started occurring recently.  The problem still occurs even when I have nothing open.  If I had a computer that was 10 years old with terrible specs, I would completely agree.  But as you can see, my machine should be able to handle a lot.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

Visit the website to understand why running more then one antivirus program is a bad idea.

"Why Using Multiple Antivirus Programs is a Bad Idea"

https://blog.kaspersky.com/multiple-antivirus-programs-bad-idea/

Edited by FreeBooter, 30 June 2015 - 07:52 PM.

Posted Image

#5 mat2332

mat2332
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:14 PM

Visit the website to understand why running more then one antivirus program is a bad idea.

Again, I haven't had any issues prior to recently.  While this may be good practice, this doesn't apply to my issue.  If you are not going to contribute useful information, more than an article to promote/sell me Kaspersky AV, please refrain from giving advise.

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

Again, I haven't had any issues prior to recently.  While this may be good practice, this doesn't apply to my issue.  If you are not going to contribute useful information, more than an article to promote/sell me Kaspersky AV, please refrain from giving advise.

I contributed but your to stupid to follow instructions like disabling one of the antivirus scanner and see if i'm wrong which i could be but again you know so much why asking for help if your not going to follow advice that every knowledgeable member will like me say to you don't run two antivirus program at same time. Only reason i give you the website link to Kaspersky because there is no way i will waste my time writing all that useful information in that website and one more thing i can't write very good english because its my second language so that's another reason i send you to the website.   

Edited by FreeBooter, 30 June 2015 - 08:26 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users