Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Please!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 x0x0cheerleader

x0x0cheerleader

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:53 PM

My laptop was running slow so I decided to run system recovery on it. Once it was finished I tried to reboot the computer but it would say booting file and then it says "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system332\ntoskrnl.exe. Please re-install a copy of the above file" I tried running system recovery again to see if it would reinstall the file but it won't run properly. Please help! I'm not sure how to reinstall the file and I'm very confused...I also need to get onto the laptop asap you can reach me by email xxxxxxxxxxxx but i will read the posts on here. thank you soo much!

Mod Edit: E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox, than you might want.

Edited by tg1911, 09 July 2006 - 01:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:21 PM

When you brought your laptop it would have come with a set restore disc's. What you may have to do is use them to restore windows **WARNING THIS WILL REMOVE ALL FILES ON YOUR COMPUTER**.

Good luck.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 x0x0cheerleader

x0x0cheerleader
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:43 PM

I've done this. It still doesn't work.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:07 PM

You need to insert the restore disk in the computer and then boot the computer.

It should allow you to restore the computer system state to the state it was in when new.

You may need to go into the bios to make sure the cd is in the boot order.

Some manufacturers put a restore partition on the hard drive which you can access when the computer first posts.
What make and model is your computer and what version of Windows does it have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users