Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic card upgrade

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Woysieh

Woysieh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

Hello guys! I really need to change my graphic card. It's not strong enough for all the new games and it's pretty much dying on me as I post. I can't afford changing other parts or selling these and getting others. I asked for help on other forums but they all just don't read it and want me to throw my pc out the window and getting brand new.  

Here it is: 

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
MSI 870-C45 (MS-7599)
RAM: GR1333D364L9/4g oraz OCZ3V1333LV2G
1TB Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 SATA-II 3.5"
ASUS EAH5770 CuCore/G/2DI/1GD5
Corsair 500 (CMPSU 500CX)

Tacens Prior Limited

I can't play most of the Next Gen games and I think it's because I need card with atleast 2GB. I don't really have a budget but I am not looking for some amazing cards. I need one that would allow me to play games for another 1 or 2 years so don't get too crazy. (for example: I am able to play GTA5 but on the lowest graphics and in window mode. I would really be happy to play it on fullscreen with atleast medium graphics)

Would you guys be able to help me out?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

The GeForce GTX 970 is the recommended mid range card for those of us who don't want to afford a Titan.  But you're going to need more power as the recommended PSU is 550w.

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:46 PM

Above recommendation is good, but if too expensive, the GTX960 gives around 2/3rds of the performance of a GTX970 for around 2/3rds the price.  They tend to start around $200 in the US, while the GTX970 is mostly $300 upwards. Compared to a HD5770, both are a large upgrade in performance. It does not have huge power requirements (recommended PSU 400w or more).

7sbvuf-6.png

#4 Woysieh

Woysieh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:13 AM

Thanks! GTX970 is far too expensive for me so I would go for GTX960. Are there any cards slightly less expensive than 960? Although it is cheaper than 970 it's still pretty expensive so I would like to have some alternatives if possible.

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:45 AM

This is why it is important to provide your budget.  We can go back and forth all day until you find ' the one' that you can afford.  The R9 280x or the 750Ti would be upgrades to your current one.. look at this chart compare the cards and decide for yourself.  You can look here for recommended power requirements to help you decide.

#6 Woysieh

Woysieh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, sorry. Could you tell me why is there so many different types of it? There is like MSI version and Asus version. What is the difference? The budget would be around 200$ I think

Edited by Woysieh, 01 July 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#7 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:21 AM

Okay.. please forgive me if I sound a bit rude but ... Asus .. one company trying to make money MSI another company trying to make money EVGA yet another company trying to make money .. and there are others.  Nvida and AMD create a 'template' circuit board 'idea' and give other companies like ASUS and MSI / EVGA their design reference.  Some companies go outside the reference and overclock memory/ provide more Vram (1Gb vs 2Gb vs 3 or more GB memory cards) different GPU coolers etc.. which is the best?   It could be highly debate'able but the design is the same and the core architecture is the same so one is invariably no better than the other... there is nothing wrong with going with MSI or EVGA as opposed to ASUS or any other brand as long as it is the same reference design some provide better overclocking tools some provide better cooling it is all up in the air as far as which one is 'better'. Once card may be very over clock able or come factory over clocked one may have more memory than another the list goes on.....

#8 Woysieh

Woysieh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:35 AM

Thank you for that bit of information! It was driving me crazy. So for now I have GTX960 which is the maximum I can go and 750Ti. Are there any more cards in between that you guys would suggest? 

#9 Woysieh

Woysieh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

I think I am going for MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr. Do I have enough power to run it?

#10 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

Are there any more cards in between that you guys would suggest? 

From AMD there is the R9 270X, and R9 270.  They're both stronger then the 750ti  and cost less then the 960.

AMD's R7 265 (or R7 260X) is on par with the 750ti, costing about the same and trading blows in game performance. Their R9 280/280X does the same thing but with 960.

Nvidia's line outside 750/750ti and the 900 series in't considered a real option as they've discontinued production on all the old cards that aren't the 750ti or lower. That being said Nvidia is rumored to release their new 950ti here soon. That might be worth waiting for. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#11 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

I think I am going for MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr. Do I have enough power to run it?

Yes you do. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users