Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding a photo to a forum reply

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 characterchange1

characterchange1

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:01 PM

I have a screenshot in my pictures that I want to upload here. Can someone tell me how please?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 30 June 2015 - 01:59 PM.
moved from Windows 8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

Hi characterchange1 :)

Follow the instructions below to attach a file (like a picture) to your post.
  • Go in your thread and click on the Reply to this topic button in the top-right corner;
    85hPFGu.png
  • Below the text box you'll have the option to Attach files. Click on the Choose Files... button, navigate to your screenshot and select it;
    LKVBzF7.png
  • Once done, add a comment to your reply and post it;

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 characterchange1

characterchange1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

Thank you. Will try that now.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

Looks like it worked :)

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 characterchange1

characterchange1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

Did indeed. Thank you again.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

No problem, you're welcome :)

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

Just for the record, not all forums allow attachments with posts.

In those cases you'll have to use an image hosting service like imgur, or Photobucket as an example.

Then follow these instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 characterchange1

characterchange1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:13 PM

Just for the record, not all forums allow attachments with posts.In those cases you'll have to use an image hosting service like imgur, or Photobucket as an example.Then follow these instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

Your instructions are exactly what I tried unsuccessfully to find prior to opening this thread. Now saved to my DT,

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

For reference, here is a list of which sub-forums allow the use of attachments.

Operating Systems Forum
Windows 95/98/ME
Windows XP Home and Professional
Windows NT/2000/2003/2008
Windows Vista
Windows 7
Windows 8

Hardware Forum
Internal Hardware

Security Forum
Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

If using Imgur (which is what I use) copy the link for BBCode (message boards & forums) and paste that into your post.

For Photobucket you would copy/paste the IMG link.

If you use a different hosting site, you will have to figure out which link to use. Easiest way if you are not sure is copy a link, paste it in a reply, then PREVIEW the post. If the image is in the preview, nothing else to do.

If you don't see the image in post preview, try other links until it does show in PREVIEW.

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

You can also use the IMG tags. Enter the opening tag, enter the URL to the picture, and close it.

Edit: Had to edit my post, it looks like the code tags doesn't like the image tags inside it.

Edited by Aura., 30 June 2015 - 04:23 PM.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users