Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unwanted programs I can't remove

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Samtop

Samtop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

I have two programs in my Windows 7 computer; 1) AverMedia A320N MiniCard Pure ISDBBT  AND 2) ASUS  GPU Tweak that I can not remove. When I search the web for information on these programs I find a lot of help about removing then by downloading other programs but little about what they do in my computer. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

Hi Samtop :)

I suggest you to keep the first program since it's related to AverMedia's hardware you might be using. Uninstalling it could cause the device or peripheral that uses that program to stop working. As for the second one, ASUS GPU Tweak comes on pretty much every ASUS computers. It's a small program that takes close to no space or resources. Any reasons why you want to remove them?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

Do you have an AverMedia tuner card installed?

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=9&m=ASUS+GPU+Tweak+for+Graphics+cards

Louis

#4 Samtop

Samtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

To Aura;     Thanks I will keep it even thought, I never used it.

To Moderator;Louis,     You know what, after trying and trying the AverMedia program did remove. I do now realize that I have a TV tuner that came in with this HP  but I have not used it for quite some time. I guess I will have to reinstall it if I want TV in this computer.

Thanks you guys, I appreciate your quick response..

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

No problem Samtop, you're welcome :)

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users