Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mysterious Icon in taskbar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 isimmonn

isimmonn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

Over the past week or so i have been having problems with my internet just not working for short periods of times like one minute it will be fine next few minutes i can;t go on any sites, however there are 3 people in my household also using the internet and they have not experienced any problems at all, just me. The router is connected to my computer aswell just in case you want to know. So the problems so far is i've been noticing a disappearing icon on my taskbar , it is a blue square background with a white x in the middle, usually when i try to mouse over it , it disappears today i was able to finally mouse over it during one of my internet disconnect episodes and it had the code "XIGNCODE3 49176". Can anyone please shed some light on this for me, it would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:51 AM

If you Goolge the code it appears to have something to do with a game cheat.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hi isimmonn :)

XIGNCODE3 is a client used by online games to prevent cheating (a bit like Counter Strike have). Here:

http://www.wellbia.com/dp/?q=en/node/24

It looks like it's coming from one of the game you are playing online.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users