Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why converted dvd thro Freemkv to dvd, does not contain subtitles

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 jraju

jraju

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hi,

I have a sony dvd, having pen drive support, but could not support latest file support format such as mkv. I came across this tool free one to convert. It showed all the individual information, media information , about audio video subtitle etc before conversion. I converted as per program's default settings . I succeeded in converting which took almost 3 hours, but when I copied as direct dvd, it plays but it changed the language of English to Hindi, and also there were no subtitles in the converted dvd.

What is wrong that I committed I do not know. I know it is mkv dual sound video.

Why ? Would not the format of dvd file not support addition of subtitles. It showed in the progress bar of downloading before giving you the information? Please give me solution

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:43 AM

Hi,

Dvd format file doesn't support addition of subtitle.MKV file has feature to store dual audio and subtitles.

DVD can have subtitle which is stored in different file format along with VOB file.

If MKV not working in your computer you can download codecs like K-lite codec pack.  

if you want to extract subtitle from DVD format then see here

Regards,

Tenis

#3 jraju

jraju
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:51 AM

Hi, Tenis Thank you for your jet reply. I have converted the file once in dvd vob format , by using format factory. But i do not know how to fit that in to dvd format. I tried to make , by creating audio.Ts and video.Ts and copied the vob file in video.ts ,wrote the iso with imgburn, which created iso and one mds file. I selected files to image in imgburn and wrote it to a dvdrw, (which could be erased if any thing fails). But when i tried the same in sony dvd in disc part, i got error no playable data and then only i tried with this tool.

Is there any tool directly writing the dvd vob file to the dvd to be playable by old sony dvd player

#4 jraju

jraju
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:19 AM

Hi, Tenis. The vob file is a single file and , the files created in the pc, has two files, audio ts video ts, with audio blank, vidoe ts contain some files without srt which was available before conversion.It also shows the format of text of substitle in english

Edited by jraju, 30 June 2015 - 06:20 AM.

#5 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:26 AM

Do you want to make dvd from MKV file? or you have a vob file and want to burn it to playable DVD?

Also do you have srt file available?

#6 jraju

jraju
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:33 AM

Hi,

The srt file is available when the freemkv to dvd processed it, which is not included in the dvd . There was a direct burn button to dvd in the freemkv to dvd. It is stored in my pc, but not in the dvd to which it is written.

The dvd vob file was the one created  when i used format factory. I do not know whether it has subtitles in it. so, I ask you to suggest if there is a tool available to directly  burn the vob file to the DVD.

#7 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

Try DVD Flick

You can directly burn dvd by importing files.

You can also add subtitle file into it.

See its guide here

#8 jraju

jraju
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

hi, Tenis, Thank you I will try and report back to you. But why i have not received the last reply by you in my inbox email. Is there some settings that are to be enabled. I do not find any. Thank you in advance, whether my try works or not. I would have replied had i seen your incoming mail in my mail box.

I came to this by logging and seeing the reply.

Update; I am trying your dvd flick suggestion and would it take hours to encode. Pl as 6 minutes return no progress. Does this support mkv

Edited by jraju, 01 July 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#9 jraju

jraju
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:32 AM

hi, Tenis,

Do you mean to say that you could convert from dvd vob single file or could i directly choose mkv

Update: I have selected the dvd vob file and doing the conversion by adding subtitles. From the dvdflick site , i came to know that mkv is not supported by dvdflick.

One more question: If i have dual layer of audio , how to find the language in which it will be converted? in subtitle , when i choose the srt file, it gives the default language. But how about that in audio, if i have two languages in a package, say mkv file

Edited by jraju, 01 July 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#10 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:21 AM

why i have not received the last reply by you in my inbox email. Is there some settings that are to be enabled. I do not find any.                               

You are following the topic it has to be work.Try Unfollow and re-follow the topic using Follow/Unfollow Button on Top Right corner.

or check spam maybe.

And you can directly choose mkv file and also you can add subtitle file. :)

#11 jraju

jraju
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

One more question: If i have dual layer of audio , how to find the language in which it will be converted? in subtitle , when i choose the srt file, it gives the default language. But how about that in audio, if i have two languages in a package, say mkv file

Thank you very much. Mkv format is not supported and hence the progress bar is at 0 per cent even after 25 minutes of waiting.

I just selected the vob file and then added the srt files to the vob files.I have the option of removing the audio track, if i have two. how to select is the problem. Could i play the audio alone in the menu to know the track language

Edited by jraju, 01 July 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#12 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:52 AM

You can select audio track too.

Go to Edit Title and choose Audio Tracks

It will show you list of tracks.But doesn't show names of audio track so how you know which one is in which language? Well play the mkv file and see the order of audio track of that video in player and DVD Flick will show you tracks in same order and you also can select what name to give to that audio track.

MKV format is supported.

You can see screenshot of supported format list.

QtcNxxA.png

I have test it by converting mkv file in dvd format(added subtitle,Audio Track,etc) 

EDIT:

I have the option of removing the audio track, if i have two. how to select is the problem.

If you have two then remove one which you don't want in that way there will be one audio. :)

Edited by Tenis, 01 July 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#13 jraju

jraju
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

Well play the mkv file and see the order of audio track of that video in player

how to select one audio, if you play a video. I do not know how. Double clicking the video plays the audio automatically in any player. I have codec lite ie mpc hc. How to select the audio files to play?

If you mean in dvd flick, then i will wait, as i am running the encoding...

#14 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

In mpc-hc,

Go to Play Menu,click Audio and there you can see audio tracks.

You just need to know which audio track is on first place and which is on second number as in DVD Flick you can't really see the Track name which you can in video player.

For example:

You have Dual audio Video First audio track is English and 2nd is Hindi.DVD Flick will just show two tracks not the name of them.So now you know after playing video in player that which track is on 1st place.And according to that you can just remove the one you don't want.If you want Hindi audio track then remove the 1st audio track in DVD Flick that means you will have one audio track.

#15 jraju

jraju
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

Hi, Thanks I will try. Now the encoding nears 75 percent. I will try .

Amazing reply from you. Now i could know how to know to select the audio while video is playing. Thanks so much. It is not only helpful reply to me but to others also, who will be having dual sound layers. I will report my progress once encoding and viewing in tv is finished.Thanks once agian

Is there any thing available for choice of language in dvd player

Edited by jraju, 01 July 2015 - 07:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users