Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can you experts tell me what feature or app???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jmoran99

Jmoran99

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:45 PM

I am trying to figure out what ate app and feature is that was used in a pic - it outlines the faces (or whatever u choose) in white and blurs out the background any ideas???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jmoran99

Jmoran99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:49 PM

I tried to change my profile to the pic I am asking about

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

Whatever the effect performed on the picture is it was probably done with photoshop or GIMP, GIMP is a free open source equivalent to photoshop, found at http://www.gimp.org/ . As a guess about what the effect is I think it could be done by using GIMP's slection tools to select the faces (or other particualr objects in the image) by tracing carefuly around them, it would then be possible to copy them onto a plain white background, there might be a tool somewhere within GIMP which wuld let you automatically add an outline border to slected objects.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users