Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown cause of CPU overheating no dust in heatsink

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Voltage56

Voltage56

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

Hello! My CPU is going up to 48 to 57 degrees celcius when playing games such as Watch_Dogs and Mortal Kombat X, which is either shutting down my computer or restarting. When it restarts it acts like the screen is going to sleep, then it does it's routine start up, and when it shuts down (Most of the time when overheating) it turns off then it won't turn on unless I switch the power supply switch off then on. I think what is happening with my computer is extremely weird because, I replaced the current CPU which is an AMD FX 8350, I replaced it with an old CPU I forgot the name of it about a month ago and didn't give me problems until now. I recently took off the heatsink and replaced the old thermal paste with newer thermal paste, I didn't put much just a little bit in the middle, I mounted the heatsink and it is still giving me the same temperatures and doing the same thing as in restarting/shutting down my PC.  There is no dust in the heatsink, nor case I even cleaned it out with compressed air and didn't help. Someone please help me I can't play most of my games because of this problem.

Speccy Results:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41wfzh3sttyt84p/Speccy%20Results.speccy?dl=0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:14 AM

...My CPU is going up to 48 to 57 degrees celcius when playing games such as Watch_Dogs and Mortal Kombat X, which is either shutting down my computer or restarting. ...

The FX-8350 optimum max temperature is 60°C. It is not overheating. It doesn't thermal throttle till 70°C- so you're well within the safe zone 

when playing games such as Watch_Dogs and Mortal Kombat X, 

Watch Dogs takes full advantage of 8 threaded CPUs when it needs to. Mortal Combat X also has it listed at the requirement for max settings. Would assume that those games are the only ones you've been playing that put the CPU under a big enough of a load to make it max out the motherboards max wattage.

it turns off then it won't turn on unless I switch the power supply switch off then on.

The PSUs integrated circuit breaker is responding to your motherboard freaking out over you drawing to much power and shocking it. 

That boards max socket wattage draw is 95 watts, the FX-8350 is rated at 125 watts. 

Your motherboard is going to die unless you underclock your CPU. 

Your motherboard might catch fire and ruin your whole system unless you make adjustments ASAP.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#3 megatothethrax

megatothethrax

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:37 PM

I dont understand And I think its just a stock heatsink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users