Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop so slow!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 karnott57

karnott57

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:33 PM

I am having problems with my laptop.  I'm having all kinds of pop-up ads, even though I have the the place checked to not allow them.  I use mostly Opera and Chrome browsers.  I've ran my antivirus program and it comes up clean.  I am so tired of pop ups I'm about ready to throw my laptop in the trash!!!  Can someone PLEASE tell me what I can do to stop them?  It's also running super slow, and locks up sometimes.  Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:01 AM

Welcome To Bleeping Computer :welcome:

Download Adwcleaner by Xplode from here.
Click on Adwcleaner and hit the Scan button and will begin to search for PUP and malicious files. Once finished click the Clean button.
Copy and paste the log on your next reply.

Scan for Malware using free Malwarebytes
Install then run a quick scan only after updating to the latest definition. Uncheck the trial pro version on setup and remove any found threats after running quick scan. Please post also the result.

Run ESET online scanner
Download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and save it to your desktop
Follow the instructions and Leave the check mark next to .Remove found threats and place a check next to Scan archives
> Hit Start and ESET will begin to install, update and scan your computer.
> After scanning completes, click List of found threats.
> Click Export to text file and save the file to your desktop and name it Escanlog.
> Click Back button then Finish.
  Please Copy/Paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users