Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory dump issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 acidstrider

acidstrider

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

I am not sure this is where the problem began. But last week, my netgear adapter drivers were updated. Since my adapter has not worked right. It will shut off on its own, it will not register any near by network, it will ask me to connect to a network even though I told the system several times never to ask me that.

Worst of all though, this window requesting my registration seems to promp a almost instant crash of my PC. The first couple of times it was fine. But recently I have only had a few seconds to rip the adapter out of the usb port, before it causes it to crash. At one point my PC would not start up at all, until I removed the adapter. Upon removing the drivers and reinstalling them my computer crashed almost instantly. This has not happened at all while it is disconnected. I will be heading down town tomarrow to get a new adapter. But today something slightly different happened. The adapter said there was no wireless to conect to. Fairly normal. But then one by one the programs I had up (firefox, files and zbrush if it matters) began o freeze up. I pressed control alt delete. Nothing. I press the win key. Nothing. I unplug and replug the adapter which has helped a few times. Windows said it didn't register the drivers about five times, before I forced a reboot.

This was the first time removing the adapter did not solve the problem. Perhaps it was still the cause. Netgear certainly didn't dismiss the possibility when I spoke to them. But my Pc is near three years old and has seen a lot of use. So I began to think that something might be dying inside of it. I never built a PC myself, so I really have no idea what might be wrong with it. I was hoping that someone here might be able to either tell me what might solve this problem. Or what potential bits and pieces of the machine I should consider replacing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users