Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can A Old CRT monitor cause stuttering in video games?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loveartist

loveartist

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

Hello,

I recently switched back to a CRT monitor and when I play video games on it, In particular csgo and counterstrike 1.6 The game stutters. I think thats the term for it, but basically what happens is every minute or so the game stops for a second or two, then the action resumes and the players are in different positiions and so am I, but I do not see them move. The stutter last about 1 second.
It does not seem to happen on my LCD monitor. I am trying to figure out the issue. I have tried everything I can find on csgo forums about fixing stuttering issues, but I am begining to think it has something to do with my monitor, or the way my computer relates to my monitor. I guess I need help diagnosing the problem and of course solving it if possible. Thanks for your help! I was not sure if I should put this in gaming or hardware. Feel free to move it.

Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz 32 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Acer Predator G3620 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
VX920 (1024x768@100Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 29 °C
Storage
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA) 37 °C
14GB SanDisk SSD U100 16GB (SSD)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH29N
Audio
iTrack Solo

Edited by loveartist, 29 June 2015 - 04:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 loveartist

loveartist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:17 PM

appears to have been a network issue, would delete the post but dunno how, sorry.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

Don't worry about that - glad you found the cause off the problem !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users