Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Importing unknown mailbox to Thunderbird

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lou Dr

Lou Dr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

Good evening everyone,

As the title suggests, I am in a bit of a tight spot. Here it goes.

A few years ago (around 2011), I was running some version of Outlook (not necessarily the newest at the time) and exported my mailbox to a file that I just stumbled upon. I now run a happy and recent version of Thunderbird under MacOS and would like to import said mailbox. The problem is I cannot figure out for the life of me what the format of that export file is. I have tried to add various extensions to duplicates of my export file and have successfully managed (using "importexporttools") to import the mailbox as an eml file; the problem: the file was imported as an impossibly long single email and not a collection of separate emails.

Does anyone have any idea what format this could be and/or what I could do to import my inbox as individual emails? This would be extremely helpful!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,

Lou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users