Hello, thanks for taking the time to look at my problem... All help is appreciated!
- Base OS: Windows 7 x64
- VM1: Windows 7 x32
- VM2: Debian 7 x32
The start: All problems started yesterday, I was coding something on my Windows 7 x32 VM, I was given a random BSOD, then after restarting, I was given another random shutdown.... My theme changed to windows basic, programs became inaccessible and I was shut down.
I proceeded to restart... I checked my event logs and minidump, NOTING... Nothing was there at all. I then tried to replicate the error with no luck whatsoever.
At this point I had to just check if the system has any kind of infection, so I run GMER and there seems to be an issue with ntkrnlpa.exe:
Okay... At this point I'm thinking... what the hell is this. So I take a closer look with AntiSpy and it confirms there is some hooking:
I've proceeded to run:
- Avast Anti-rootkit
- BootkitRemover Bitdefender
- Novirusthanks rootkit remover
- Various AV boot CDs
All found nothing.
Since I was worried I continued to monitor my processes and outbound connections closely. I found that Svchost was sending and receiving UDP data, with the local port "bootpc". This could be perfectly fine, just something I thought could be of use.
Just as I have started writing this, my main system has just been given a BSOD (Windows 7 x64). NOW I'M SERIOUSLY WORRIED...
I did however get a minidump:
- "C:\Windows\System32\config\system: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
- "C:\Users\Root\ntuser.dat: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
Then produces this:
- INITKDBG C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe!ExDeleteNPagedLookasideList + 528
- INITKDBG C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe!ExDeleteNPagedLookasideList + 588
- Avast Anti-Rootkit
- Sophos Anti-Rootkit
- Malware Bytes Anti-rootkit
- Bitdefender Anti-rootkit (Finished instantly like it didn't even scan)
- Novirusthanks - (Wouldn't work: Wouldn't access C:\)
- Bootable AV CDs
- Rouge Killer
After all of this, nothing was found...
If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be VERY VERY pleased. I've not had 1 blue-screen in over a year, now 2 consecutive BSOD on 2 different systems (Virtual/Main) within the space of a day.
Please get back to me as soon as possible.
I'm extremely worried about the fact GMER produces that error on my main system, If you know anything about why this could be legitimately possible I'd much appreciate it if you can bring it to my attention please!
I am also unable to run "RootRepel":
- Exception Code: 0xc0000005
- Exception Address: 0x00429d13
- Attempt to write to address: 0x1348000
Just received another Blue Screen on my Main system, Windows 7 x64, it said something about modification of system files:
I was doing nothing when this happened. Just watching youtube.
Here is the log:
062915-8127-01.dmp 29/06/2015 22:03:56 0x00000109 a3a039d8`9dec9b8f b3b7465e`f06ad98d fffff880`02ff16c0 00000000`00000002 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.18409 (win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 C:\Windows\Minidump\062915-8127-01.dmp 8 15 7601 293,592 29/06/2015 22:04:36
Edited by Jerry22, 29 June 2015 - 04:14 PM.
Moved from AII to MRL - Hamluis.