Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal speakers not working HP Pavilion dv4z-1200 CTO Ent. Ntb. PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trey5169

Trey5169

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

Hello everyone,

I've recently been having some trouble with the speakers on my laptop. The laptop is an HP Pavilion dv4z-1200 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC, according to HP support (I downloaded and ran the identifying tool). The computer is equipped with AMD/ATI graphics, NOT NVIDIA, if that's relevent. Obviously, it runs Vista.

The computer has experienced multiple speaker issues since I've been trying to run World Of Tanks and Teamspeak at the same time. Notably, WOT would become muted, and periodically (after I use task manager/services to restart the audio service) teamspeak would play sound, but WOT would stay silent. *Edit:* It should be noted that restarting the game would not restart sound in WOT.

I've recently attempted updating the driver via the Device Manager, but found nothing. So I headed on down to HP Support to download the "latest" audio driver for the computer. It was the IDT High Definition audio driver. Since I've downloaded and installed that, my computer no longer registers the built-in speakers. Headphones (and allegedly external speakers that plug into the headphone jack) still function fine.

Can I get some help here? I don't know exactly what to do. I'm up for taking apart my laptop if it's a hardware issue, but I don't think it should be, as I haven't taken anything apart recently or anything like that.

Edited by Trey5169, 29 June 2015 - 04:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,507 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

WOT, like some other games, will only use the sound output that was enabled before the game starts and can't adapt with any sound output change while the game is still running. 

Source: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/81412-no-game-sound-with-speaker-output/

#3 Trey5169

Trey5169
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

I thought that was the case. I guess I should mention that restarting the game didn't fix it, I had to reboot the entire computer.

Edited by hamluis, 29 June 2015 - 07:22 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users